Bagstr

Africa Twin Issues??

Talking to some club guys, they say the New Honda has motor issues.  Also some say forks are wearing.  What is up with this? Real or Imagined issues. Hard to believe with Honda.

B

the internet....engineers and mechanics.... (85% of the time maybe even 90% are the cause of these problems if any)

I've been following post about this bike on ADVrider and Africantwinforum.com. Thinking seriously about buying one but waiting till the EICMA show this November to see if they make any worthwhile upgrades. 

My view on the issues that people are having isn't whether or not they are real but rather what % of the bikes have the issues and what are my chances of ending up with a problem bike. 

Yes Indeed,  It is the 10-15% that keeps me awake at night; worried about a moto I have no intention of owning.  What else would there be to worry on?? 

HumptyT -  Nice to hear from you

I did a lot of research on this bike and talked to multiple dealers and mechanics and here is what I found, do not buy the DCT model, I even had dealers tell me this, most problems are associated with that model, also there have been claims of fork tubes seizing up but its not as common as some would make you believe on the web. I got to ride one this week and I could not believe the offroad ability of this beast even with street tires on it, so I bought one yesterday and will post up if any new problems occur.

crf_024.JPG

Congrats!  Jeff, the owner of Procycle is on his final leg of an Oregon - Ohio - Southern Loop/AZ, etc - back..... documented HERE

He'll get some suspension work done by Cogent Dynamics when he gets back - but to be fair - Jeff's been in the moto business forever and is picky about his machines. 

I like the guy cuz he developed and rides a DR790, also - kit avail.  :)

procycle has always been my go to place for dr650 parts.

When you add more parts to a transmission you are adding more mechanisms of failure. That is just reality.

I got to ride a DCT and it is a little weird. The shift points were not always were you might want them. Plus, your left side of your body doesn't know what to do. It would obviously take some getting used to.