Oracle

Police motor competition on Saturday

If you are looking for something motorcycle related to do tomorrow, the 16th annual Terry Bennett Police Motorcycle competition is tomorrow, Saturday the 23rd, down at Silver Strand. It's free to spectate and the support is appreciated by the law enforcement officers that have come from all over to compete.

http://www.sdcmoa.com/sdcmoa_002.htm

Might be down there with daughter, saw practice last year was cool stuff, do you know what times didnt see on link

Opening ceremony will be at 0800 hours. Singles competition will start around 0830 and go for several hours (70 to 80 riders with two passes each). Then there is 2 man team comp, 4 man team comp, and a couple other side show events. I'll be there from 0800 to 1500 or later. I'll look for ya.

1st in the 4 man team, 2nd in the tandem event (tether two bikes together and ride through a course), and 3rd in the two man team event. I'm not sure about the final results in the singles comp, but I think I'm in the top 10 out of about 45 riders on BMW's.

:king: Nice work LB. You've been at that comp for some time.  Do retiree past champions get an invite next year? Congrat's!

I brought that up yesterday with the guy that runs the San Diego competition. There are always a lot of retired motor cops around watching the action. Time to have a retire class, especially starting next year... :drinks:

Nice job lb good seeing you down there even if i only got to see you ride for a bit

Great job, LB, as usual. Missed it this year but I've seen a couple of the earlier comps. Very enjoyable. 

Let's see some action shots!