Adventure Al

Newest Adventure member

Hey all, I'm Allen, 52.  I'm riding a 2014 Suzuki DR650R which I just bought. I haven't owned a bike since 2001.  During that time I've been an avid mountain biker/racer and 4X4 enthusiast mostly in the Lake Lagunas mountain / Pine valley area.  In the past I've raced Honda and Yamaha (CR250, YZ250, and owned dual purpose XL500R, DT400).  I'm living in Pacific Beach since the late 80s.  Grew up in LA racing Indian Dunes, exploring Mullholand, Texas Canyon and Gorman. I'm looking forward to new trail friends and excursions to the local mountains, deserts, Baja and getting introduced to hidden trails and little visited camping areas.

Sounds like a good fit, Allen. A few of us DR650 riders here, along with other "big bikes."  I've seen more of the Western US with this group than I ever would've alone, so jump in.

I've built 2 DR650's to my liking - should've never sold the first one - so if you ever want to eliminate the little gremlins on the bike, or just go over it, I'm available. In the Rancho SD/Jamul area.

Welcome aboard.

I recently got a DR650, haven't had much time to play with it yet but have plans for it.  Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.