ADV Bum

RIDE 9/30 for Afry Celebration of Life

Thinking it would be nice to do a ride in the morning as part of the Celebration of Arnie. I am open to suggestions. I feel it should not be that technical as many will be on bigger bikes and we do have to make it to the Fair Grounds later. 

Please start posting here if u want to do a morning group ride before Arnie's Celebration of Life.

ADV Bum is looking for suggestions....start in Ramona ?

Ramona, Palomar Divide, first part of Lost Valley. Probably keep it fairly close to Ramona. I'm planning on being there, and I would like to ride also. Did Arnie have any favorite rides in the area?

1 hour ago, Wierdrider said:

Ramona, Palomar Divide, first part of Lost Valley. Probably keep it fairly close to Ramona. I'm planning on being there, and I would like to ride also. Did Arnie have any favorite rides in the area?

Jim, your route is great, but think to do it in 4 hours would be pushing it. Don't think anyone would want to miss the start of Arnie's Celebration.

In on the 950. Say when/where. We could meet after services at Cheers for a toast

Maybe an afternoon ride after the celebration?  Any good local camping spots for a quick overnight/ campfire ride?

49 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

Maybe an afternoon ride after the celebration?  Any good local camping spots for a quick overnight/ campfire ride?

Oriflamme area down to Blair,Pynyon,or Grapevine canyon.

Can someone post a link for where it will be held with an address or something for those of us not familiar with the area 

The address for the Celebration of Life is in that thread in Open Discussion.

My suggestion would be for everyone to meet at Packards approximatley 30 minutes before the service so that we could all ride in formation to the service. Packards is only 5 minutes from the site where the service will be held. Then if people want to do a ride after the service, that can be arranged. Maybe just a ride up to the top of Black Mountain for a toast to Arnie??

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

My suggestion would be for everyone to meet at Packards approximatley 30 minutes before the service so that we could all ride in formation to the service. Packards is only 5 minutes from the site where the service will be held. Then if people want to do a ride after the service, that can be arranged. Maybe just a ride up to the top of Black Mountain for a toast to Arnie??

That sounds perfect!

I plan on a Ocotillo Oriflamme route to Ramona from Campo. Leave Circle K at 745am. Lot's of slab some dirt. Eat in Ramona before the celebration. If you want to join, I will leave Circle K Campo at 745. Camo 950 KTM. About 120 miles or so from Campo