KTMrad

Afry - Arnie Fry Celebration of Life 9/30

I'm bringing supplies on the bike Mike. Got a couple things going on at the house that could put a wrinkle on camping, but should be able to go. ?? 

I'll be riding the Wee Strom. 

I'm unfortunately unable to attend. Jim, maybe you could shoot the group shot?

Please say goodbye for me. ?

I am committing to the camping on Sat night. Looking sexy! IMG_20170929_152849635.thumb.jpg.a3e5f6103b1dc6de963845f0f8ae8018.jpgIMG_20170929_153106223.thumb.jpg.8554716d468defaf4364272165d3aeed.jpg        

I will be at the Fairgrounds early to scope out parking. I hope some of you decide to come out to both the Celebration, but also the ride/ camp.

I too will be out of town Saturday. A few of the LA Adv crew should be their. They might like to go camping too. 

Nice work folks.....great to see so many of you made it :good:........I was back in Virginia or I would've been there in a heartbeat......RIP Arnie :angel:

Nice job on the pictures Jim! :good: Thanks for taking them and posting them! :smile_anim:

Jim, thanks for taking the lead and taking the photos...they look great.

Can someone please contact Christie to get her an enlarged photo to frame...I or SDAR will pay for it.

If u need her info, please PM me.

Thanks to everyone who went to show support for Arnie, Christie, family and friends....wish I coulda been there.

Thank you to all who came out. It was a great send off and showing of support.

IMG_20170930_123406300.thumb.jpg.72e762cffbd7e984f3fc1254a8f50369.jpg

Great stories and true admiration for a really good guy.

IMG_20170930_123327199_HDR.thumb.jpg.9cf82373a50356d5d161236de8dfecbe.jpg

IMG_20170930_121958380.thumb.jpg.ed8343d6e70e397336ebf02b7fd570cf.jpg

Christie shared that Arnie's wish was not to be buried, but to have his ashes spread. He asked to have some ashes spread at Coyote Cal's and Mike's. She asked if we could help with that. I will get the details.

After the celebration Jim and I rode out to Oak Grove campground and camped the night with a few street riders from a camping meet up. Good times. An overnight adventure is better none, get out there people!

Thanks again

"Can someone please contact Christie to get her an enlarged photo to frame...I or SDAR will pay for it. "

Christie gave me one of her business cards, I planned on getting her all the images. I'd be glad to print one up. 

A baja ride for Arnie (and to spread some of his ashes) would be a very fitting tribute.  

It was a solid SDAR turnout. I'm proud to be part of this group!

2 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

A baja ride for Arnie (and to spread some of his ashes) would be a very fitting tribute.  

I'm up for this. Let's try and put some dates out there. I'm good anytime after the Crawdaddy invitational 1st weekend of November.

CiD

13 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

I'm up for this. Let's try and put some dates out there. I'm good anytime after the Crawdaddy invitational 1st weekend of November.

CiD

Baja 1K is Nov. 14-18 so that's out.......then Thanksgiving........maybe weekend of December 1-3?........First weekend after Thanksgiving so it might be easier to snag a hall pass after a family obligation weekend just prior?  Leave Friday morning the 1st for Cal's.......Sat the 2nd at Mikes.......roll back to Tecate on Sunday the 3rd?

26 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

Baja 1K is Nov. 14-18 so that's out.......then Thanksgiving........maybe weekend of December 1-3?........First weekend after Thanksgiving so it might be easier to snag a hall pass after a family obligation weekend just prior?  Leave Friday morning the 1st for Cal's.......Sat the 2nd at Mikes.......roll back to Tecate on Sunday the 3rd?

That works for me.

20 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

That works for me.

In

1 hour ago, Crawdaddy said:

50 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

That works for me.

Christie expressed that she wanted to go. It will depend on her schedule as well.

9 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

Christie expressed that she wanted to go. It will depend on her schedule as well.

Of course........standing by.......

I'm obviously new and don't know any of you but I'm touched by your group's commitment to each other. After a week like this I need a good tear in my eye for a change. Glad to be here and cant' wait to get in the dirt and meet you fine folks face to face. Ride safe.

i was saddened to learn of arnie's passing, and disappointed i missed the service. we rode once together, then my bike died -- arnie let me use his garage and tools to rebuild the top end on my 640adv. my experience was that he was a kind, warm, unflappable man. may he rest in peace.

best regards,

johnnyg