KTMrad

Afry - Arnie Fry Celebration of Life 9/30

Christie Carlson called and asked me to post here and spread the word....

Arnie Fry
Arnie Fry's   celebration of life will be September 30th at the Ramona Fairgrounds located at 421 Aqua lane at 12 noon. Come and celebrate the life of the man who celebrated the best of everything. Smiles and tears, stories and hugs, thoughts of the great times shared with Arnie and Christie Carlson and the friends and families who love them so.

Unfortunately, I'm very sorry I can't make it, we'll be travelling cross country.

Thanks for the post Randy. It's on the calendar.

Bikes would be a nice tribute...like we did for Ben...can someone organize a club pic there for Christie please ?

59 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

Bikes would be a nice tribute...like we did for Ben...can someone organize a club pic there for Christie please ?

You bet Randy. 

Unfortunately I'll be attending a wedding back in VA........I'll be there in spirit

Like we did for Ben, maybe organize a ride in the morning, ending up at Fairgrounds...then get a group photo...there may be a lot of people from ADVrider too, so perhaps organize a group photo with ALL the bikes ?

I will talk to Christie about it this weekend.

Seems like a Black Canyon, Santa Isabel TT, Black Mountain, Pamo Rd. loop is doable and in the same area as his celebration of life.  There are a couple vista points to stop at... at the bottom of the Black Mountain split or at the top.

I am up for whatever you guys decide.

Group photo at the fairhrounds, with ADVrider people and anyone who rides there, I hope....I will do as much as I can to help coordinate,  but Doc and I will be back on the road next week so someone else will have to take over.

I'm planning a motorcycle ride then as well.  Will stop for a moment of silence for Arnie.

I'm going to be leaving my house north of Escondido about 10:45, meeting at Packards at 11:30.

Not sure about riding after, I'll see how I feel.

CiD

On 9/18/2017 at 7:24 PM, tntmo said:

Will stop for a moment of silence for Arnie.

Don't forget to take a moment to Pin It and Do a Burnout for Arnie too!

I'm  tentatively going  to be camping at Oak Grove Saturday night. I would think there would be plenty of room if others want to join. There will probably be four other people from a motorcycle  camping meet up group that will be there. 

I'll be riding up from Rancho Bernardo via Highland Valley Rd...either all the way to Hwy 67 and into Ramona or, Highland Valley Rd., down Bandy Canyon, passed the San Pasqual Academy to Hwy 78, and up into Ramona...

I just got news that my brother in law has passed away.  I'm heading to Phoenix Friday for the weekend to hang with familiy so I'm going to have to miss this.  Way bummed all around.  

On 9/27/2017 at 9:46 AM, Covered in Dust said:

I'm going to be leaving my house north of Escondido about 10:45, meeting at Packards at 11:30.

Not sure about riding after, I'll see how I feel.

CiD

I think many will be meeting at Packards at 11:30 to ride in together.  I was thinking that maybe I should go over to the fair grounds early and see about a good spot for all the bikes for the photo. 

22 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

I'm  tentatively going  to be camping at Oak Grove Saturday night. I would think there would be plenty of room if others want to join. There will probably be four other people from a motorcycle  camping meet up group that will be there. 

Are you bringing your supplies with you on the bike or is someone driving in as well? 

2 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

I was thinking that maybe I should go over to the fair grounds early and see about a good spot for all the bikes for the photo. 

Good idea...:smile_anim: