ADV Bum

SDAR member AFRY - Arnie has passed

I am saddened to pass this along. Afry - Arnie passed away last night at the Flat track race. He was doing something he loved. Apparently suffered a heart attack at the track. He will be greatly missed by family, friends and this site. My condolences go out to his family and many friends he had.

RIP Arnie!

https://www.facebook.com/Arniefry

I can't believe this.  I am floored!  We lost one of the good ones for sure!

My condolences to his family.

Very, very sad news.  Anyone who's met, ridden or otherwise interacted with Armie knows what a great guy he was. He loved riding and the riders who he associated with.  He would bend over backwards for a fellow rider.

A huge loss for the SDAR community. 

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

Yes, sad news indeed. RIP Arnie Fry....he was a good friend, we had some great times and did some fun rides together. We were always joking and laughing about stuff, givin' each other a hard time. Frankly, I wish we had hung out more together.

Condolences to Christi, all family and friends. Arnie, we will miss you big time.

Godspeed Arnie Fry !

RIP Arnie.  It was an honor riding with (and getting completely schooled by) you.

I had only meet him a couple of times....my heart goes out to his family and wife.   I do not want to sound cold but he went doing something he loved to do, a man cannot ask for anything more.  God speed Arnie!  May the angles in heaven ride with you now!

Very sad news. I've met him up at the Camp Lockett races. Prayers to his family too.

Sad news for sure. I met Arnie about 5-6 years ago at a vintage MX race at the Barona MX track. We hit it off...popping a cold one (or two) while comparing notes about the bikes we rode & raced back in the 70's & 80's.

A short time thereafter, Arnie posted an Olympia Dual-Sport Jacket for sale on the SDAR site. I had a ride planned for the Bishop area soon with V-Dog (Vaudois) and his crew. Knowing what the potential weather could be up there on that ride, I decided to purchase the jacket from Arnie. I rode the WR from RB to Arnie's place up in Ramona to make the purchase. When I got to his place, he was laughing at the number of times I passed back and forth on the road in front his place while trying to find it. Arnie showed me the jacket and I commented on how well the jacket matched my Silver/Grey KLIM riding pants and AGV helmet. Arnie commented on how well the jacket matched my hair color!!! It was hilarious. I still have the jacket and I have worn it often both on the street & dirt. Thank you Arnie.

I also watched Arnie ride/race at the Del Mar flat track...he loved it. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

In October, 2014, on my second ride with SDAR, as Newbie as they come, I met Arnie as he sponsored a ride to Black Mountain from Packards. There were just 3 of us and I was astonished at his ability, agility, and speed, and yet, I was moved by his kindness as he gave me some pointers when he circled back to check on me.  He clearly loved to ride and he clearly loved to help others!  Dag Nab it. Regards to his loved ones and I will assuredly be lifting a cold one in his honor more than once! RIP

IMG_1616.JPG

This is a profound loss for us. Arnie was such a great person. Always happy. Always a huge smile on his face. Always willing to help others, especially his moto brothers and sisters. Being Ramona locals with a common passion, we would occasionally hook up for a burger and a beer and talk story (Arnie has a lot of racing stories, the guy was legit and goes way back in the local racing scene). In fact we hung out just a few days ago and discussed the upcoming flat track season over a beer or three (Arnie loved beer) at Cheers. I can tell you that he was very happy and stoked (per usual) about the upcoming season. He had his "new" van (he bought a van at auction recently) and it was all decked out to hold his flat tracker and all his gear. He told me that he bought the van at auction and only paid $700 for it because it wasn't running. As it turned out, it only need a fuel pump and was good to go. He was proud of that, and to be honest, I was a tad bit jealous. I asked him to keep his eyes peeled for another deal like that because I wanted one too. I have no doubt he would have eventually found me that deal. He was good at that. And it was definitely important to him that other people around him were having fun. He kept bugging me to come to one of his races and ride his bike. Believe me, I've been very tempted and I actually think I was going take him up on that offer sometime this season. Man, what a loss. I'll never forget that smile! RIP, buddy!

What a wonderful guy.  A real role model.  His laughter, kindness and energy made the moment.  Condolences to his family and friends.

I did not know Arnie nor ever got the chance to meet him, but his character is obvious from the posts you all are putting up.  To me, the worth of a man (or a women) is not how much money they made or how many accomplishments, but rather how they lived.  Again, it is obvious that Arnie made a difference and was a man of character; I can think of no greater calling.

RIP Arnie. 

When I first met Arnie he had a KLR. I had the obligatory post-LWR BMW GS and told him I was looking for a KLR. He pointed me to other bikes, namely a KTM. Super generous with his bike knowledge and time.

It makes me happy to see folks posting about his smile and his laugh, because they were everpresent. 

The last time I saw Arnie...he and Christie hosted friends during Ramona Cruise Night at their Realty office in Ramona....always had a great time with him. That smile !!

Yes, Arnie's spirit lives on !

20170601_193132.jpg

It was a heavy afternoon yesterday as I was made aware of Arnie's passing and another motorcycle buddy, Morgan Langley, within an hour of each other (Morgan was taken out by an SUV on Palomar Mtn on Saturday).  Passed on my condolences to both families and remain numb.  We all think we're invincible.  Sobering reminders that life is short/fickle. 

"Plan for tomorrow but live for today".   Both of these gentlemen did just that.  God speed and RIP Arnie and Morgan.

1 minute ago, Crawdaddy said:

It was a heavy afternoon yesterday as I was made aware of Arnie's passing and another motorcycle buddy, Morgan Langley, within an hour of each other (Morgan was taken out by an SUV on Palomar Mtn on Saturday).  Passed on my condolences to both families and remain numb.  We all think we're invincible.  Sobering reminders that life is short/fickle. 

"Plan for tomorrow but live for today".   Both of these gentlemen did just that.  God speed and RIP Arnie and Morgan.

Oh man, so sorry to hear this, Chris. Horrible.

I didn't know Arnie , but need to say glad he was out trackin' not hooked up to a bunch of tubes in a hospice, just wished to hear he was 97 years old out trackin' and rode off into the sunset. Sorry for the early departure. RIP