Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

BORCS Rancho Villareal 2SEP17

http://puertamx.com/

Tecate 100. FYI we are doing it as a team race , heat will be a factor, we will swap every 2 laps, so about every 20 miles.

It will be smokin' hot...:o Do you share/ride the same bike or can you ride multiple bikes?

you ride your own bike ,  i checked the weather  temps are dropping we hope the report is valid , but still says high of 91 partly cloudy and windy so good for dust removal. Sunday says high of low 80s!!!   bikes start at 0830 that means mexico time before 0900  will be fun...I nver worry about where I finish its always about finishing. Plus Im way out of condition, this will be the start of the stairmaster for the fall winter racing/riding season

it was very hot it was mostly 2 track and quad trails===== deep whoops, sand and silt. I rode to finish but almost threw in the towel after the 4 laps. went 2+2+2 for 6 laps total against the fast guys 8 laps. Fun story I was all signed to team race with LR but it was a 1 bike race, he (KLX450) and I (TX300) we said forget it and signed ironman open, he did the 8 laps with the fast kids....I did 6 with the slow old guys for a finish but way down the charts. This summer series is more Baja 500/1000 style.

They will do another 4 race winter series of more Tecate enduro/HS style stuff, for this I highly recommend trail riders to cross the border and do this series. His layouts are always really good. and he said he has new rancho venues of new trails.

Doesnt sound that fun, but other enduro events they have do, i plan on doing 1 or 2 events down in tecate this year. Mccain was awesome with ty earlier today only high of 80 no sun all clouds and got dumped on for 30 minutes

Well there were 4 open ironmen signed the other guys all did 8 laps I did 6 however when I was out on course between the every 2 lap breaks I was only 4 minutes slower per lap than the fastest guys on the course (the Pro kids), so I am happy about that. 13 miles per lap for me 78 miles total, thats plenty believe me

puertamx tecate 100.jpg

puertamx tecate 100 a.jpg