I went to Tillamook Oregon to do the Rat Dog Dual sport ride on Aug 17.  It was a really long drive but the coastal mountains had awesome single tracks through some beautiful forests.  It was a two day ride but the A loop was only on Saturday.    The ride was well organized with lots of participation and fun.   For the level of difficulty, I would say it was like a typical hard loop with some steeper sections and obsticals (trees and stumps).   Part of what made it hard was that I had to keep looking at the scenery and not the trail.  Well, that's what I told my kid anyway when he asked why I was riding so slow.

Here's a link to my video of the ride.

Oh, the eclipse was very cool to see.

Cool! :good:Looks like you had some nice shade on the trail...thanks for sharing! :thumbsup_anim:

Great -- The new 500 nimble enough for that stuff. ???

Quite a pleasant take on how to make moto vid.   Without the head banger audio track, the peace of the trail comes through. Good narration as well.

That is one quiet bike.    Thanks

I interned on a Dairy Farm in Tillamook in the late 70's (my B.S. degree from Oregon State is in Animal Science).   Back then I was riding a 77' GT550 triple cylinder two stroke street bike.......very cool area.......haven't been back in ~30+ years........now I have even more incentive to return.........hope to spend at least a month or more tooling around in Oregon once I retire.......lots of friends to see/places to ride......just need the available time to take it all in.....