GoodSignGuy

Dual sport setup. Questions about legalities CA/AZ

Hi all, 

First off, I want to be respectful of the group for gatherings/rides but also want to avoid any unnecessary legal hassles on the road/trails where possible.

So I have a pretty cool ride. It's basically a plated supercross bike - '05 KTM 450SX with a '08 6-speed transmission - AZ registration and no turn-signals or mirror as of yet (I'm researching now to get a good deal and order some online if you have any good recommendations)

This bike does actually have a battery, electric start and lights front and rear that will stay on even when the bike is turned off, but, long story short it would probably be nearly impossible to get plated here in CA otherwise i would.

Seeings how it is totally legal to ride this bike as-is in AZ. Am I also safe to ride it here in CA as-is?

Also what about this whole red tag/green tag thing. Because I'm technically from AZ does that make me also immune to that (I do have a stock pipe w/spark arrestor on the bike)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

If I come out to ride with the group will I be considered disrespectful if I am not 100% to the letter of the CA law as far as my bike?

Four Stoke, Arizona plate. Good to go. No one will care .

I've been riding my Arizona plated bike in California since I moved to Arizona 15 years ago. I have never had an issue with it even during the few times I've had to interact with a highway patrol or a ranger. 

Interested in this topic as well. Do you have an AZ or CA license?
I have a address in AZ, and have wanted to register my Rzr and bike there for street use, but I am concerned CA will object when pulled over. I believe they want their share of the registration money.

Half guys i ride use out of state plate, mostly streetlegal from factory though and no one has ever had a problem. If u ride like an a..hole on street and get the cop on a bad day im sure he will raise an eyebrow but i wouldnt be too worried about it. I had a 300xcw 2 stroke az plated and never had a ranger say anything. I highly doubt anyone will know ur sx didnt come street legal most they will question if ever is why you have out of state plate