DSM8

Experienced Mig welder needed

I have to weld the sleeves into my front dana 30 but due to the conditions cant use my tig welder.

I am looking for someone that is experienced enough in mig to do the job if certified even better we are talking about 6 plug welds the two full circumference welds on the ends. Material is 1/4" thick I have the machine set up with 70/s6 035 wire and the machine itself can do 3/8 single pass so it is more than adequate for the job.

???anyone???

If it could be tig welded this would he a no brainer....

I also may need a welder with experience for a project within the next few weeks. I will politely BUMP this up to the top for you, and hopefully follow along! 

I know there is a welder by my shop in San Marcos. I will try to go by this weekend and if he is not there, I will try and get the name of his business.  If those attempts fail I will go by Monday during business hours. He showed me some of his welding in the past and it was nice. 

I use a guy up in Ramona (Fuerst Engineering); he shortened my D-44 a couple of years ago and has done a lot of work for me over the years.  Let me know if you can't find his number and I will pass it on to you.  Can recommend with 100% confidence.

22 hours ago, DSM8 said:

I have to weld the sleeves into my front dana 30 but due to the conditions cant use my tig welder.

I am looking for someone that is experienced enough in mig to do the job if certified even better we are talking about 6 plug welds the two full circumference welds on the ends. Material is 1/4" thick I have the machine set up with 70/s6 035 wire and the machine itself can do 3/8 single pass so it is more than adequate for the job.

???anyone???

If it could be tig welded this would he a no brainer....

I've done plenty of MIG welding in my time, being a steel fabricator in the past. I have held cert's in SMAW, FCAW & MIG all positions, but all out of date. I still have a small MIG welder I use all the time for little fab jobs.  Where are you located?

1 minute ago, wildwood said:

I've done plenty of MIG welding in my time, being a steel fabricator in the past. I have held cert's in MCAW, FCAW & MIG all positions, but all out of date. I still have a small MIG welder I use all the time for little fab jobs.  Where are you located?

I am in Escondido.

I have the welder and will be running 70s6 solid wire with gas.

Just not skilled enough for this kind of work with a Mig.

Wish I could tig it.

43 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

I use a guy up in Ramona (Fuerst Engineering); he shortened my D-44 a couple of years ago and has done a lot of work for me over the years.  Let me know if you can't find his number and I will pass it on to you.  Can recommend with 100% confidence.

2 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

I know there is a welder by my shop in San Marcos. I will try to go by this weekend and if he is not there, I will try and get the name of his business.  If those attempts fail I will go by Monday during business hours. He showed me some of his welding in the past and it was nice. 

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I also may need a welder with experience for a project within the next few weeks. I will politely BUMP this up to the top for you, and hopefully follow along! 

Thanks for the replies, I never got notice they were there until now.

The vehicle cant be moved so welder has to come to it, I will do it myself worse case just will have to run a few hours of practice beads if need be.
Hoping can con Wildwood into lending a hand...I have beer...

I happen to be heading up to Carlsbad tomorrow to visit some family. I could make it by sometime around 3pm to take a look if that works with your schedule.  Send me a PM with your address & number if this works out.  

15 hours ago, jimi said:

Maybe take it to Travis at the Jeep Shack?  I feel like he's done a ton of these.

Cant be moved front end has to be apart to weld otherwise you melt all the bushings and balljoints which would be a bad thing

but appreciated anyways