TrophyHunter

So Far, So Good. CO Loops.....

A gaggle of DR650 riders from ADV rented a house in Ouray, CO for the week and got after some of the loops. I picked up a used kayak and tossed the fishing gear in the back. I fished my way to CO over a few days and am mixing the two while in CO. Still here but wanted to get this started before my brain locked up.

IMG_3699

View from the deck of the rental house.

IMG_3752[1]

Fishing is outstanding! We've had trout for dinner twice.

DSCN2905

We did Engineer and Cinnamon Passes and the scenery doesn't disappoint.

DSCN2909

DSCN2923

DSCN2927 - Copy

DSCN2931

DSCN2945

Moving on to Imogene Pass at 13,100 feet. A group of wheelers from TX had a BBQ going at the top and we got to join in. Moving quickly at that elevation will throw your brain off a bit.

Imogene 1

Imogene 3

Imogene 4

Imogene 6

The scenery just can't be described well enough. A few more days to go.

WOW! Magnificent scenery! :thumbsup_anim: Keep the pics coming and have a great time! :good:

Fantastic trip Trophy!  Colorado at its finest and it seems like you are enjoying every aspect!  Good for you and jealous for me :) Cheers. 

Cool stuff been out there twoce with my dad jeeping crazy scenery 

I've only ridden in the area twice.....once on dirt and once on the street......great area......looks like a fun trip!

Well done! Been on a couple of those passes, and was trying to get back this year...but I suspect it will have to wait.

Looks amazing. Enjoy every second you old fart. Colorado is on my 2018 calendar.

Fantastic! What camera are you using? The images/colors are super sharp...nothing like some lake trout! :thumbsup_anim: Only thing better might be two-legged tuna...;)

Thx - Combo of IPhone and Nikon Coolpix. I wouldn't know how to operate anything more sophisticated. :mellow:

Looks like a great trip Ken!  All of us working stiffs are drooling on our keyboards.

Cheers Ken.  It's perfection out there. Been twice and can't wait for more. Pure perfection! 

Nice Area, Have to look more into it for the next trip , Well done.

Plenty of info on ADV and I have tracks if needed.  Also, the area draws a lot of tourism for the local towns - good info and maps available at stores/gas stations, etc.

Acclimate to the altitude (our rental was at 7700 feet) and drink lots of water.

Awesome, now I want to take my DR up there as well! 

I'll be taking Laura next year - hopefully. Rental Jeeps are $175-200 per day, 4 seat Razors, $350.