Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

My House Project

My current home project is to replace the 30 year old, faded, blue vinyl siding. I'm still kicking ideas with what to do after the siding comes off. Stucco, boards, bubble wrap, etc. 

Does anyone here perform this type of work? Maybe another riding buddy. I'd like to get started in the next couple months. 

Jon

Nope. There's an addition in back and I pulled a small section off where rats were nesting and there's not much underneath that.

So you think it is just framing?  Was it a permitted structure?  What is the rest of the house finished in?

I'm not the guy to do the work (I'm a pool guy) but I've been in construction for 40 years now and know a few folks and am happy to see if they can help as a "side job".

I only removed the bottom piece of the siding to prevent the rats from having shelter. It was a permitted addition in 196x but the bottom 6 inches didn't look like much effort was put into finishing that part. Maybe some rotten boards were removed and the blank space was covered with the vinyl whenever the siding was put on. 

I have no idea what's underneath the vinyl on the remainder of the house. I do have a feeling the garage door header may need to be replaced as that area gets waterlogged when it rains. 

If you don't mind check with who you know. I'm ready to start making plans.  

I'm in an old 1960's house as well; some of it was well built and some of it not so much!  

I have to leave for Montana tomorrow and won't be back until late Sunday night.  Give me a call or text (760.535.8411) and I'll make some calls and see what I can do.  Might be a good idea to have it looked at and assessed before any rains (if we get any) come.