wr250rrrrr

Commitment, regardless

This wasn't a close call, just one of the few times the camera was rolling.

I don't get why people are so committed to right on red. I see it all day long. People are always telling me to chill out, yet I actually stop and yield in this kind of situation. 

Never even looked at you!  I will withhold my other observation but I see this every day also (as well as people STILL holding their cell phones an inch from their mouth-It's hands free people not ear free!!!!).  

I read the article about cause of crashes that someone else posted earlier.  It really all comes down to paying attention and giving yourself enough room to react.  Good for you for seeing this coming and staying safe!

Yes this happens all the time. We as riders expect (at least you should) this to happen and you should be prepared to take counter measures to mitigate a collision. I'm not trying to be a D. I. C. K. but accelerating quickly and steering toward the vehicle that is running a red light does not accomplish that goal. It's up to us to stay alive out there....no one else. Take it from someone with a lot of riding experience on the road...be defensive, not offensive.

I agree, it does look like I was aggravating the situation. The thing is the GoPro is on my helmet, and I turned my head, I did not steer toward the truck. I think the wide FOV causes it to look that way. I was in the middle of the lane the entire time. If you pause at the end and look at the bottom of the video you can see. I made eye contact with the guy, which you can't see well in the video either. He was yielding to me, but not stopping. There was a car right behind me and the car let the guy in, causing everyone behind the car to rage and start making dangerous passes. 

It interests me because at work when I'm committed to doing something, and I have to stop to do something else it bothers me. I think that when a lot of drivers get the idea of doing something in their head, it's hard for them to shake the idea. I also kinda feel like people think that since they're in front of you, they have the right of way, in a right on red situation. 

16 hours ago, Oracle said:

Yes this happens all the time. We as riders expect (at least you should) this to happen and you should be prepared to take counter measures to mitigate a collision. I'm not trying to be a D. I. C. K. but accelerating quickly and steering toward the vehicle that is running a red light does not accomplish that goal. It's up to us to stay alive out there....no one else. Take it from someone with a lot of riding experience on the road...be defensive, not offensive.

Call me a dick, but I have to agree. The dumb driver was transmitting his bad intentions LONG before you twisted the throttle and banged another gear.

10 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Call me a dick, but I have to agree. The dumb driver was transmitting his bad intentions LONG before you twisted the throttle and banged another gear.

I agree with these two dicks this time.

40 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

I am saddened by this dickfest.

Aw, snap...I see where this is going.

IMG_4091.JPG

Wait a second, I could have just typed dick? No need to type D.I.C.K.?? Wow, I'm blown away.

BTW, I ---- (watch, now the filter will block S.H.I.T.) you not, this happened to me twice today.

The biggest difference is I get to give them a $300 court coupon.

8 hours ago, Oracle said:

Wait a second, I could have just typed dick? No need to type D.I.C.K.?? Wow, I'm blown away.

BTW, I ---- (watch, now the filter will block S.H.I.T.) you not, this happened to me twice today.

The biggest difference is I get to give them a $300 court coupon.

So there is justice somewhere. It appears WR250rrrrrrrrrrrr (pirate)  just needs to ride with you more often.

Thank you guys for clearing this up.  I thought D.I.C.K. was an acronym for something, kind of like the Man from UNCLE.  I never knew what that stood for either........

No, the law does not specifically state that is a violation. And I'd suggest not listening to that guy at all as he is clearly an idiot. Anyone who rants about bad drivers while driving like an idiot himself (on a motorcycle no less = looser) is part of the problem, not the solution.

6 hours ago, Oracle said:

No, the law does not specifically state that is a violation. And I'd suggest not listening to that guy at all as he is clearly an idiot. Anyone who rants about bad drivers while driving like an idiot himself (on a motorcycle no less = looser) is part of the problem, not the solution.

Thanks. I didn't think so. Nothing like starting out a video doing illegal stuff, then preaching made up laws lol. Maybe it will take the focus off my (legal) video for a bit.