Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Sierra Singletrack Weekend 8/19-20

I'm heading up to Lake Isabella area next weekend, August 19-20. I'll get there Friday afternoon. It'll be an intermediate level hunt for singletrack. Depending on who's joining me I may spend a day in the Greenhorns and a day in the Piutes. 

Teaser 

DSCN0689.JPG

Dang!  if I knew earier i would of joined you for a ride.  I'm headed up to the Mammoth area, have reservations starting Saturday at Sherwin Creek.  Not(or wasn't planning on)taking a bike tho.  Last year at this time we were at Lake Isabella and it was over a hundred.  A week after we left they had that massive fire in the Greenhorns, so I'd check and see whats open on that side.  Had the whole campground to ourselves

037.thumb.JPG.06a284a147d6070eb920359c40464e75.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

I've stayed at that campground.

I rode the Greenhorns just a couple months before the fire. The road in is open but all the trails in the burn area are closed. I just want to take a look around. 

If you're on Thumpertalk, look up schmo.  Good guy.  He has a place up there about half way between the lake and the top of the hill and always looking for someone to ride with.  Can ride right out of his place to the trails