• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uncle Champ

KTMs at auction

9 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

As much as I would love to buy more bikes my kids college comes first, sooo there are 3 2010 530 KTMs in the TNT auction next week (closes monday8/21) bidding is only on line and its a public auction. I think in person viewing is next Friday and saturday all details on their website. There is also a few other cool bikes. By the way my employer has two small buses and an old chevy van in the auction. All smogged and running and driving, if you buy those I have service records etc., to put with them.

TNT Auctions

I think the KTMs are from Imperial Valley , government agency bikes.

Happy bidding.

"Kids college comes first"    Good for you,  that is the route I took. It works out,,,eventually.

There used to be a lot of good deals there but since they went online the public has kicked up the prices. Last auction saw two vans I was watching for for more then CL prices.

The best bet is the dealer/dismantler stuff but you need a dealers license. I pickup a 2002 E350 van with 146k miles in very nice condition that didn't run for $850 a couple auctions ago in the dealer section.  Turns out it just needed a fuel pump ($35 on ebay and 4 hrs of my time) and she's now my moto van :) 

VanPside (1024x576).jpg

1 hour ago, Wintyfresh said:

Thanks for link gonna follow this. Both bikes with odometers have less than 2k miles. Assuming plated versions not much info on website

Arnie, let me know if you see any other van deals like that. I've been looking.

Vans are spendy, we needed another here and I got outbidded for two auctions and then just bit the bullet and paid more than I wanted to. There is two dealers that have the van market pretty much sewed up, hard to beat them at auction. I have been told they go east to salt country because life is short for that type of vehicles out there.

The chevy in the auction isn't to bad.

On 8/12/2017 at 7:45 AM, Oracle said:

Arnie, let me know if you see any other van deals like that. I've been looking.

Will do, these things are in demand. Most of the auction vans usually do not have power locks, windows or cruise control. But they usually have good tires and brakes etc.

Auction is over and the Ktm's went for $4200-4300, not a bad price but not a deal good enough to flip - remember the 13% buyers premium.

The two newer ford van's went for big bucks, a 2000 E350 with super low miles of 28,677 went for over book @ 6900 and the 2006 E350 with 156,355 miles went for $4200. This one was a little rough inside.

The 1988 Chevy van went for cheap @ $1500 with only 28,917 miles but it's old school and not sure I'd want to drive any distance in it. Would have been a good local moto van.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0