Sign in to follow this  
RobATK94

Bishop dual sport ride 2017??

Was camping in bishop a few weeks ago and noticed fliers for the ride.  Anyone ride it before?  How is it?  Flier says experienced riders only, is that because the terrain is that difficult or do they mean just folks they don't have to baby sit?  I've never done one of these organized dual sport rides and I really want to check out the riding in this area. 

31 minutes ago, RobATK94 said:

Was camping in bishop a few weeks ago and noticed fliers for the ride.  Anyone ride it before?  How is it?  Flier says experienced riders only, is that because the terrain is that difficult or do they mean just folks they don't have to baby sit?  I've never done one of these organized dual sport rides and I really want to check out the riding in this area. 

Found link. looks like cool ride i remember watching old videos and reading up think says experienced only cause no real chase crews since multiple routes. Wish could go but already got plans that weekend

http://www.venturacountymc.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=370060&item_id=671611

I've ridden it a couple of times. Good event. Basically they have a menu of rides and you pick which ones you want to do on what day. Fun riding. I don't recall anything all that difficult so not sure why the "experienced riders" statement?

I did this ride a few years ago. Awesome ride! VCMC does an excellent job. They have a bunch of routes to choose from which gets everyone spread out. We only saw a few other riders during the two days of riding. I don't remember it being too difficult. Woodcutter is this awesome single track trail that is like 30 miles long. It was technical but not "beat you up" difficult. I'm an intermediate rider, not expert, and had no problem. Do it! I would, but I'm riding the CORE Bar10 ride the weekend prior. Mrs Amgems would be upset if I didn't cut the grass for 2 weekends in a row.

24 minutes ago, amgems said:

I did this ride a few years ago. Awesome ride! VCMC does an excellent job. They have a bunch of routes to choose from which gets everyone spread out. We only saw a few other riders during the two days of riding. I don't remember it being too difficult. Woodcutter is this awesome single track trail that is like 30 miles long. It was technical but not "beat you up" difficult. I'm an intermediate rider, not expert, and had no problem. Do it! I would, but I'm riding the CORE Bar10 ride the weekend prior. Mrs Amgems would be upset if I didn't cut the grass for 2 weekends in a row.

Fun club/ride.  Do it!