Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCowboy

Big Bear weekend, Thurs july 27 to Sunday july 30. small dual sport ride

Hey all, I was planning on heading up to Big Bear for a weekend ride with a friend but he cancelled. I don't want to go alone, so any of you sorry yahoos want to join? I'm staying at a family owned cabin that sits empty most of the year, so there's always space for more to join. Dates are flexible, was thinking heading up thursday evening, ride out friday morning from the cabin. sleep at cabin friday night, repeat saturday. Then pack up and drive down early to mid day Sunday. 

I'll be on a plated wr400f. Have room to take up one more bike in my truck. Plenty more room up at the cabin if you can get yourself there. 

Planning on moderately difficult trails. Let me know!

I might drive my bike up for a day,  I have a larger bike so I do not want to slow you down,  I am interested in testing out my bike loaded with camping gear and weight to see what I need to do with my linkage (raise it or keep it the same).  I am an older guy who likes a good IPA and would be happy to share on with you.  I will keep you posted. 

Is this for plated bikes only? Would a 200exc 2-stroke work well up there? Never been, but I've seen some pictures of BB that looked pretty gnarly.

28 minutes ago, bfar33 said:

Is this for plated bikes only? Would a 200exc 2-stroke work well up there? Never been, but I've seen some pictures of BB that looked pretty gnarly.

From cabin staging area would be plated only. 200exc would be awesome there but would have to stage at all trail heads and backtrack or find connector trails back. Good area for only non plated bikes is pinnacles, crab flats, big pine or cactus flats

Bummer i cant make it truman big bear is awesome need to get another weekend back up there. Had so much fun last time we stayed at your "cabin" and did those big loops. Awesome staging area and perfect location right in middle of trail loops and in town. Guys seriously take him up on his offer you wont regret it. 

15 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Is this a green sticker bike? I'm definitely up to truck the bikes to a staging area and get into some gnarly trails, but it looks like these are ''no red sticker" from May 1 to Sep 30.  If your 200 has a green sticker than we're good to go. 

14 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Bummer i cant make it truman big bear is awesome need to get another weekend back up there. Had so much fun last time we stayed at your "cabin" and did those big loops. Awesome staging area and perfect location right in middle of trail loops and in town. Guys seriously take him up on his offer you wont regret it. 

Ya Brian can't wait until you can make it out again!

And Danrider, you're welcome to join at the cabin but we might be tackling some tough terrain for a big bike. Last time I went up with Bp619 we were both struggling on some sections; he was on his husky 350 and I was on my wr400. 

3 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

And Danrider, you're welcome to join at the cabin but we might be tackling some tough terrain for a big bike. Last time I went up with Bp619 we were both struggling on some sections; he was on his husky 350 and I was on my wr400. 

Danrider everything is totally doable up there on big bikes (if your quinn cody)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVxiegBlr1i/

2 DR650's.  1 young Marine, 1 idiot. We didn't go for the ridge trail or gold..?? but we got worked.  Just a guide, Dan.

CIMG1888

CIMG1889

CIMG1873

On 7/24/2017 at 0:18 PM, SpaceCowboy said:

Is this a green sticker bike? I'm definitely up to truck the bikes to a staging area and get into some gnarly trails, but it looks like these are ''no red sticker" from May 1 to Sep 30.  If your 200 has a green sticker than we're good to go.

Doh! Sorry I forgot to reply, transitioning from my old job of 10 years to a new job next week and things have been hectic.

The 200 is a red sticker bike, unfortunately. I also have a WR250R but that seems like it would give up too much of the fun factor. Guess I'll have to buy that Beta 390RR I've been dreaming about.