Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

When The Going Gets Hot,,,Where are you riding???

So It is Hot,  Stop complaining and Tell is where you ride in the summer?  Taylor Park, Colorado - Pahrump mid-night Track Days?  Or, do you shut it down and wrench in the shop? I know tough guys that gear-up and drive to the out of state High Country for Moto Camping. Hard to do before you get to a State of Retirement. 

Personally, I am sitting on the porch in the shade Planning and Remembering good times with my Despicable   Crew.  ?

What do you have goin' ?

Who's complaining about the heat? I ride Ocotillo Wells most weekends in the summer. Usually not too many folks out there... as in rarely see more than a couple of other riders if any. Try to stay on the gas for 90 minutes, try to cool down and leave. Early, mid day, late afternoon... it's all hot.

With the lighting options available today, night rides seem to make sense.  I did a blast through the Laguna's a couple weeks back. Serious fun, and night just adds a extra layer of difficulty to old familiar trails.  I like it.  Adjusting your fun clock to take advantage of the wee cool hrs. is a challenge sometimes. 0-dark thirty is even harder.

I was just up on the Kern Plateau a couple of weeks ago.  It was very nice up there.  I like to spend time in the San Bernardino mountains for closer riding venues.

Forecast for Fruita. Utah is 92f  today.  Boulder is 87f,,,.  Why do I keep thinking about a reservation at Pole's Place.

m_IMG_2060.jpg

my usual boring local spots, get there early do time get out by high noon.

Been doing a lot of beach riding with the GF. 

Not as adrenaline pumping but I've lost 60 lbs in 6 months. 

IMG_1308.JPG

3 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Been doing a lot of beach riding with the GF. 

Not as adrenaline pumping but I've lost 60 lbs in 6 months. 

IMG_1308.JPG

Damn 60lbs congrats gonna be a force to be reckoned with when riding season comes

Good Job,,,  You have been doing more than riding the bike.  You must have cut the brews.  That Girl has been a good influence!  Mmm, if I ride from La Mesa every day; ride the boardwalk and ride home.  Just think what could be accomplished.

Dave I'm starting to work on the next ride. Get back to town soon, it's not the same without you.

C

outside of Julian with 4 year old grandson, he is pretty heavy on my mountain bike, especially when he doesn't pedal!

ethan_june_2017_julian_bike_ride_014.JPG

23 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Good Job,,,  You have been doing more than riding the bike.  You must have cut the brews.  That Girl has been a good influence!  Mmm, if I ride from La Mesa every day; ride the boardwalk and ride home.  Just think what could be accomplished.

Quit eating fast food, fried food, bread, red meat. Mostly don't eat anything that doesn't come off a tree or plant or from the sea.

Walking 6-8 miles a day and ride bikes 50 or so miles on the weekend.

Feel 20 years younger.

19 hours ago, Ken S said:

Quit eating fast food, fried food, bread, red meat. Mostly don't eat anything that doesn't come off a tree or plant or from the sea.

Walking 6-8 miles a day and ride bikes 50 or so miles on the weekend.

Feel 20 years younger.

That's awesome Ken??

damn Kenny. Good for you. How about a gnarly mountain singletrack ride to celebrate?