Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Photo Hosting Websites

I've used Photobucket for the last ~10+ years for hosting photos to post on 3rd party sites like SDAR, ADV Rider, D37, etc.......they just flipped the switch on July 1st and went from free hosting to $39.99/month......F that :angry2:

What are you folks using for photo hosting?  

I don't like to directly attach photos to SDAR because it takes up bandwidth and non members are unable to view'em......

Photobucket is getting a huge amount of pressure to reverse the ransom policy.  They may do it a few days.  As an alternative, Google Photos may be your safest bet.

SmugMug is $4.00 per month.   I use the service And enjoy the lack of commercial clutter.  On a similar topic, our financial support of SDAR helps keep the trash off the site.  " If you don't pay for the service, your data is your fee."

Makes me glad I don't do a whole lot of photography anymore.

I use Flickr.  I think you have to have Gmail account or maybe it's Yahoo, and it's free.

I use Smugmug professsional because I have thousands of photos.

Amazon has free hosting for Prime members

I've used Smugmug for a long time now and will probably keep using it forever. It's $40/year, but worth it in my opinion. Excellent.

I just checked my Photobucket account and was shocked. I was hoping the $49/mo was a typo, but spit oatmeal on my computer when I saw the upgrade charge of $499/yr! I guess I won't be using Photobucket anymore.

Pulled this off another site that I moderate; may be helpful to those of you using PB:

Please pass this to your friends,its very cool!! :mrgreen: :cheers: 

===================================

If you are using firefox browser add this extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ucket-fix/

If you are using google chrome or chromium add on this extension
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... 6768501086

Your old bookmark MIGHT take you to a really messed up page(I had a glitch in firefox on a proboard site).If it does either logout or login on page,the proper looking page should now appear.Create a new bookmark at that point.Delete your old bookmark.

At this point your forums with photobucket photos should all appear and work just like before photobucket tried to rob us of our photos.
====================================

After installing the plug-in, make sure you either:

1) refresh any open tabs;
2) close and restart Firefox;
3) flush your internet cache.

The plug-in does not take effect until you do one of the above. Rebooting works also. Some people in other forums were saying they did not see images after installing the plug-in, but it suddenly started working later or the next day. They did not do the above.
====================================

Thanks Spuds. Always leery of installing stuff that seems too good to be true. But I did a scan after adding the add on with both Windows defender & Kaspersky and nothing detected. 

On 10/9/2017 at 6:14 PM, simicrintz said:

This worked for me! All of my pictures linked from Photo Bucket are visible again !

Thanks simicrintz !

"Pulled this off another site that I moderate; may be helpful to those of you using PB:

Please pass this to your friends,its very cool!!" :mrgreen: :cheers: 

===================================

If you are using firefox browser add this extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ucket-fix/

Just to clarify; you're suspicious of the Kaspersky software, correct?  I've heard good stuff back from the guys on the other site who have used this to get their PB stuff back (and I do not want to ever pass on something that could do harm).  I personally did not run the Kaspersky test (this info was a cut and paste from the post on the other site, but from a guy that I do know).  

Interesting on Kaspersky.  We run it in the office and have been happy with it.  I'm generally suspicious unless I hear something to make me think otherwise.....

No, not suspicious,   " I heard from guys. "  Good luck. 

Sorry for the distraction 

Now you really have me confused.  The guys I'm speaking about are people that I have personally met and are trying to help, just like I am.  If it was just something I read online I never would have posted.  I'm gonna send you a quick PM just to clarify.

Responded via PM.  Again,  Sorry for the distraction from Photo Hosting discussion.