Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Hi Point Tires ITT (system) from Moto Man Pete

Our Hi Point ITT tires,with Internal Tubeless Technology" are lighter than a tire plus a HD inner tube, lighter than a "Tubliss"(tm) conversion, lighter than most "mousse" inserts, and they are easier to install than all of them....but wait you say what the.............????? See the photo below. The ITT system bonds a multilayer bladder directly to the tire which makes it basically a tubeless tire. Installation is pretty much like mounting a regular tire by using the attached "string" to "fish" the valve stem thru the rim prior to inflating the bladder. #motomandistributing #adbantageperformancedistributing #cyclelinesusa

https://www.facebook.com/HiPointTiresPV37/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

19748381_1224561574320776_7513281628409233602_n.jpg

Such limited info.  What they describe is a multi layer/ bladder tube that bonds to the tire. What is the price for something that seems disposable since it BONDS to the tire?  DOT?

simply a HD tube molded right into/with the tire, if you think of it that way. Originally I thought he was going with a multi cell type tube when it was explained to me last year.

So yes wear out the knobs and the entire 1 piece

assy goes to the grinder.

Not DOT .

I've used the M15 tire and its a better than expected trail tire, but its a softer compound tire that has great grip as an intermediate tire, not a hard compound long mile tire.

I think this ITT tech (haha) is geared for track and for standard trail riding for folks that love to play with air pressure for traction. Its the TubLiss system without the red thing/tube secondary. kind of.

A couple magazines have it for test and eval so articles will follow soon Im sure (MXA and Dirt Bike).

Personally Im a dyed in the wool mousse man, but this has great merit, for lower pressure or standard pressure use , no pinch flats, simple install, all in one molded assembly, hard to cut a tube upon installation.

2 hours ago, WilliamArcher said:

What do you do if the valve stem tears?

the same thing for any valve stem tear----a flat.       But without a separated balled up tube inside the tire. Use rim locks as normally done.

I think this set up installed at your fave pressure with ride-on, or slime or other sealant will be a great trail or track almost bullet proof set up.

In a Simple plug and play single tube arrangement .

Price point should be very reasonable as far as I know that's been the Hi Point tire mantra so far.

I don't understand the difference between a "multi layer bladder" and a tube??? A tube is a bladder. The "bladder" in the pic looks like it can be punctured just as easy as a tube. Am I missing something here???

I don't understand the difference between a "multi layer bladder" and a tube??? A tube is a bladder. The "bladder" in the pic looks like it can be punctured just as easy as a tube. Am I missing something here???

17 hours ago, Oracle said:

O I have not even held one of these, but basically it is just a tire with a molded in tube all one piece. just fyi post. there will be more info to come as the tests are being done

If you change your tubes every time you put on a new tire, well I guess it depends on the price.

3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

O I have not even held one of these, but basically it is just a tire with a molded in tube all one piece. just fyi post. there will be more info to come as the tests are being done

That's what I thought. So it's not about the idea of flat protection, it's about saving weight versus a tire and HD tube?

39 minutes ago, Oracle said:

That's what I thought. So it's not about the idea of flat protection, it's about saving weight versus a tire and HD tube?

Think pinch flats too 

its all conjecture...i dont really know, I am under the impression that it is low probability of flat simple install all set to go with low pressure if you like. But I have not even seen it yet. the problem I have is that i use mousses exclusively so it wont be me using this product. however I have used the M15 Hi Point tire and it is very grippy so the compound and knob pattern works well as an intermediate tire in the off road arena. @ 50 bucks its a bargain. He still has not priced this ITT thing yet.

I guess you can think of it as Tubliss without the red inner tube thing, if the tire gets punched you can get a flat same as tubliss  but without the extra Schrader valve and all the kit that goes with that system.

From ZipTy Racing (Ty Davis' crew)-"We've had a chance to mount these up and try them. They are a great idea. Getting the valve stem in is a little tricky. However the idea of not getting a pinch flat while mounting is neat.
We should be getting some more in to the shop soon. If you're interested in trying them yourself, shoot me a call.

We are already selling the Hi Point tubes as well. Great product and great price. "

The Hi Point line of tires is a private label budget alternative to the major brands.

If you go onto the Chapparal  website you get some prices on Hi-Point tires for reference.   I have no biz connection here, I only know the owner/importer Pete and want to disseminate info about his product line as an alternative to the major brands.

So "if" it does go flat on the trail, you can't change out the bladder for a replacement bladder or tube because it is "connected" to the tire itself? You would have to change out the whole assembly on the trail? :huh:

9 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

So "if" it does go flat on the trail, you can't change out the bladder for a replacement bladder or tube because it is "connected" to the tire itself? You would have to change out the whole assembly on the trail? :huh:

Plug

1 hour ago, Dress4Less said:

At first thought, maybe. But second thought, if the attached "bladder" is collapsed, it seems perfectly feasible that you could install a regular tube into the tire per usual. Or worst case, cut the bladder completely out and install a regular tube.

I understand the concept more now after reading the review Robert posted above.

Pinch flats are very common, maybe even more common than puncture flats. So if you can "eliminate" pinch flats, and mitigate puncture flats (with use of Slime), you have a pretty nice setup.

It's sounds better and better every time I read more about it.

15 hours ago, Oracle said:

It's sounds better and better every time I read more about it.

It does...;)

16 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Plug

same as tubliss (but without the 100psi inner bladder and extra hardware).  Use Ride-On or Slime sealant and this thing should be almost bullet proof. (and carry tire plugs)