robertaccio

Hot Weather Off road/MX riding gear FYI

We have had threads on this, but after last weekend's 100+ day. I wanted to refresh this and just give links for those not in the know. This is mostly geared towards offroading/trial riding , MX  .

DS on the road may want to be more in the street battle dress where a little heavier may save your skin if needed..

(lite colored boots if you are so inclined, from experience it does make a difference)

#1 Light Colors in ride wear

#2 Breathable light material (downside is that these tear easily, ask me how I know!)

# 3 Less is more- go light- for trail rides or MX, no need to carry your Baja long range kit for a 1 hour trail loop)

#4 cooling devices- simple as bandana soaked in water to cool collars etc

#5 lighter protective gear with lots of air flow.

resources-

http://www.flyracing.com/fly/moto/racewear/gear-lines/20175-kinetic-mesh/5383/relapse-blackwhitered

http://www.mooseracing.com/products/?productId=405266

Klim Mojave brand ($$$)

Water packs, go as big as practical. Mines a 3L bag USWE.

Ogio

USWE (what many of the extreme enduro guys use)

many others but some are anti moto supporters, check your purchasing please don't support the anti motorsport brands.

2nd on Klim breathable pants and bandana, wicking shirts and shorts, carry a hat too, you might get off the bike and not want to wear your helmet.

Sign me hair challenged

:)

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

many others but some are anti moto supporters, check your purchasing please don't support the anti motorsport brands.

FB_IMG_1498687945004.jpg.ea15a25bc0d7275cdcc92757d8b3776a.jpg

U forgot to mention Motoport Kevlar Mesh....made in San Marcos.

And it's better than anything else out there.

45 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Are those really all anti Moto?

Wouldnt say specifically anti  moto but are pro shutting down multi use land rights etc etc

I just wrote all 7 of those companies individually requesting clarification of their stance toward the offroad community, riding areas etc.

We will see what if any responses I get.

3 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

I just wrote all 7 of those companies individually requesting clarification of their stance toward the offroad community, riding areas etc.

We will see what if any responses I get.

That will be interesting 

rode today with Fly Lite Hydrogen White white white gear, very very nice, same as my blue but white, also have Kinetic mesh set in reserve for the 90 plus days.

Len Zanni from Big Agnes called me this morning He is 1/3rd owner and is a dirt biker, KTM 300 etc. He was adamant that they do not support any sort of anti motorized movement. He wanted to set the record straight that their thing is products for people that want to sleep in the dirt. That encompasses a lot of groups, he has to walk a fine line between all of these groups, some more outspoken than others. Has his company contributed to special interest groups? Yes and they try to keep it even all around, and they do advertise in off road publications. After talking at length with him I would take them out of the "shutting down multi use land rights group."

Questions, Len@BigAgnes.com

He is the only one that has responded so far and is requesting pictures of riders using his products, Helinox chairs etc.

That's one out of seven, interesting.

I'll take some photos and share them with him for $2K

That is really cool he called though.?

you fellas hould stat a new thread......this started out out as a hot weather Trail/MX riding  gear thread.............the intertube is so shifty.

I was a little concerned to wear all white gear......due to the dirt factor, but it wasn't too bad and after a good washing all of it looks perfect , I chose the Fly Lite Hydrogen white gloves, jersey and pants. These are not fully vented but this gear is very lite and unobtrusive.