ADV Bum

Bike Tech day Escondido - Sat July 22

I'll probably still be in town, so might make it.

I might be able to stop by for a while depending on my schedule.  Looking forward to seeing both new and familiar faces.

i'm in. please let me know what i can bring to contribute to the buffet table/cooler.

are there any tiger aficionados planning to attend? my '06 is a couple k short of its 24k service, but i have a couple long road trips planned. i'd like to do an oil change, brake fluid change, clean/replace air filter, replace the plugs and install a stebel horn. 

does anyone have a brake bleed kit i could use? of course, i'll bring the dot fluid.

thanks all, especially to dsm8 for hosting.

best regards,

johnnyg

two more questions:

what's the address? and, is there a beer store nearby?

actually, i just need the address, i can figure out the beer store from there...

many thanks,

johnnyg

1 hour ago, johnnyg said:

two more questions:

what's the address? and, is there a beer store nearby?

actually, i just need the address, i can figure out the beer store from there...

many thanks,

johnnyg

Saw this on the initial post :)    The location would be 925 Chardonney Way,  Escondido 92029

You are very close to Walmart and Costco and even BevMo!

5 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Saw this on the initial post :)    The location would be 925 Chardonney Way,  Escondido 92029

You are very close to Walmart and Costco and even BevMo!

ah, reading the initial post fully would help, huh? i'll bring beer... any brand requests?

thanks!

6 hours ago, johnnyg said:

ah, reading the initial post fully would help, huh? i'll bring beer... any brand requests?

thanks!

And a stones throw from the Stone mothership !

On 7/10/2017 at 0:25 PM, kkug said:

Kug is in to lurk and to brag about my new 500.

And to help answer any questions about the 2017 EXC 500  . 

6 hours ago, johnnyg said:

thanks!

Not trying to bust your chops johnnyg!  I hope to be able to stop by and meet you and the others.  I've only met kkug so far; have you heard he has a 2017 EXC 500 :) 

I was at Del's barbershop today.... all the barbers where talking about Kug's new 2017 EXC KTM 500.... it is apparent the talk of the town!!!  Has anyone seen Kug's new 2017 EXC KTM 500? B)

46 minutes ago, danrider said:

I was at Del's barbershop today.... all the barbers where talking about Kug's new 2017 EXC KTM 500.... it is apparent the talk of the town!!!  Has anyone seen Kug's new 2017 EXC KTM 500? B)

He replaced the baby pics that came in his wallet with some of the bike

1 hour ago, danrider said:

Got my first hair cut at Del's around 1961 from the pics I've seen (I don't remember it!)!

If you go down Escondido blvd heading south,  you will see billboard  with a  guy siting on a 2017 EXC KTM 500 with a big smile on his face with goofy black rim glasses on, I think it is KKug. 

Not lying..... for reals :lol:

12 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Not trying to bust your chops johnnyg!  I hope to be able to stop by and meet you and the others.  I've only met kkug so far; have you heard he has a 2017 EXC 500 :) 

please, bust away!

13 hours ago, kkug said:

And to help answer any questions about the 2017 EXC 500  . 

13 hours ago, kkug said:

And a stones throw from the Stone mothership !

i hear stone ipa's go perfectly with the new ktm exc 500...

On 6/29/2017 at 8:40 PM, carguy said:

I'll bring burgers & homemade salsa!?!B)

Your Salsa is realllly HOT. I will bring your enduro mirror.

This is shaping up to be a real party! I've got it on my calendar and will be looking forward to it. Probably only stick around for a few hours but may bring my bike to work on while I'm there. 

I've also got a front Bridgestone 90/100-21 and some other things I could offer as door prizes. 

Update --for any Bikepackers (Moto) I am probley going on a overnighter after the Tech day. I will have my camping set up on my bike so any new campers can see what it is all about .

On 7/10/2017 at 5:05 PM, danrider said:

Can anyone bring a tire stand to change tires?

i will see you guys next Saturday

I have one at the house already

So it sounds like we are having between 15-20 poeple showing up just ride straight through the gate into the back yard on left side of house.

if your working on bike all oil changes have to be done in the workshop in case of spill no exceptions.

other work can he done on the rv slab or just wait your turn as we rotate bikes through.

if your just driving park on the street please.

Dogs are welcome BUT the gate will remain open so if they like to wander best not bring em, mine will be in doggy daycare cause he special skill is running off with that one important oil drain plug or axles nut that is only available by mailorder

DAMHIK 

On 7/16/2017 at 8:42 AM, DSM8 said:

DAMHIK 

I'm old; had to look that up.  Learned something new today!

Hi Guys

Been a while since I have been on the board but I just turned 75 last week and decided to check out some of my old haunts.  This event is just a few miles from my place.  I will try to stop by for a beer or two and annoy a few people.

Don

Don - great to see a post from you. Hope all is well. We have four generations of b-days within 2 weeks in July and that celebration is happening the same day as this. Shame to miss it but upsetting 4 generations of women - including my wife - is going on my "Not Smart" list.

Don's gonna be there?  Damn, now I definitely need to make it!