Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Erzberg Red Bull HS 2017 18JUN17

Totally your style pasta!

the redbull tv production was great except the commentators constantly were misnaming and getting the top tier bikes and racers all wrong.  To me the Sherco guys look nothing like the Husqvarna guys.......in gear and bike. Anyway the the show is brilliant and you can simply go to redbull tv and watch it. As usual the camera flattens everything.....

The mix up was a little annoying. Billy Bolt and Graham do look strikingly similar and I think they mixed those two the most. The other was Jonny Walker and Cody Webb who are KTM teammates. Maybe next year they'll put bigger numbers on the plates. 

It was a good race. Nice seeing the new winner on the podium and Graham coming back. Maybe next year we'll see Cody up top. 

13 hours ago, robertaccio said:

the redbull tv production was great except the commentators constantly were misnaming and getting the top tier bikes and racers all wrong.  To me the Sherco guys look nothing like the Husqvarna guys.......in gear and bike. Anyway the the show is brilliant and you can simply go to redbull tv and watch it. As usual the camera flattens everything.....

Robert I watched the replay. Your in the know  !!! What percentage of the top riders use a Rekluse clutch  ?? I could not realy tell if they had them or not. Hard to belive they had tires or clutches left ofter the race. Do they pit for tires ?? 

No pit if they have rekluse either by force or just the cluch cover for sponsor ship

Like BP said, I don't think any of the top guys use auto clutches. It's all about strong legs and loading the rear with your lrft hand "auto" clutch and with one leg loading while dabbing with the other. Huge balance skills and super strong legs. Gomez was very very impressive , but the old guy showed up as well, just a little late on his charge. Happy for Cody he also had a huge second wind and charged back up to the box.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:13 AM, robertaccio said:

Like BP said, I don't think any of the top guys use auto clutches. It's all about strong legs and loading the rear with your lrft hand "auto" clutch and with one leg loading while dabbing with the other. Huge balance skills and super strong legs. Gomez was very very impressive , but the old guy showed up as well, just a little late on his charge. Happy for Cody he also had a huge second wind and charged back up to the box.

Thanks  

On June 19, 2017 at 8:55 PM, kkug said:

Robert I watched the replay. Your in the know  !!! What percentage of the top riders use a Rekluse clutch  ?? I could not realy tell if they had them or not. Hard to belive they had tires or clutches left ofter the race. Do they pit for tires ?? 

At the riding clinic the question was posed to Graham Jarvis and he explained you can't get the feel and control you need to be competitive with an auto clutch, but then he continued that he'd never used one. I think I read or saw another comment from a different top pro to the same effect. 

Jon, Yep I remember that, but I do disagree with the best the world on that thought.....I was of the same thought for so long. I had ridden an early production ball ramp style rekluse auto clutch that freewheeled on decel and just had terrible feel to me, that was then this is now.

The freakin core exp 3 with all the different setting possibilities is like a regular clutch with the bonus auto function. Along with working as a slipper clutch too on downhills and in decel.

I think with tuning (springs, weights, slave adjustment, oil type and viscosity) even G-Force could be happy with it. I also asked Noah about it as well and he too was nogo, he did try it but did not like the lack of snap engagement, again I think with some testing he too would find his sweet spot with the new tech version. Mine is set up medium but just give a blip rev and she's in full lock up.