Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

Superstititon fri 6-16

Ride starts in Borrego springs picking up another rider in ocotillo wells (iron door) we will meet at the circle at 0730 and KSU at 0800, if you don't like sand this is not for you, easy pace ride across the dez from Borrego to ocotillo wells, at OW we will pick up another rider at the iron door between 0800 and 0830 so this is an option for jumping on. We will run the tracks road to superstition mountain up and over the dune and out the other side, we will then ride the area until it gets too hot, be prepared for 107 after mid day have plenty of water. We will then head towards old hwy 80 and into ocotillo for lunch at red feather, after that we will decide which way to return back to Borrego/ocotillo wells. Our route back will either be canyon sin nombre to fish creek, the tracks at plaster city, or if too hot the road through shelter valley.  Bikes must be plated for street use, bring a ton of water, tubes, etc. Because of the heat and remote area (this time of year) you must stay with the group on this ride. (no one left behind) .

I e been out there once a week this spring. It was 111 three weeks ago and then cooled down to 100. I'd recommend from the Iron Door heading east to wash 80 AKA Payne road. Then head south to Super. A much more enjoyable ride and much more sand than the tracks road?

Have fun, be safe. 

weather updated to 114 degrees on Friday, living here were used to it, consider this if your showing up for ride.

Date change! the word just came down that I am getting my right shoulder scoped on Friday so we are moving ride to thurs instead of Friday, everything else remains the same.

Sounds like a good ride to test the rebuild work! Started 2nd kick last night

IMG_20170612_200527627.jpg

That's how you break her in nice and gentle, triple digit temps in the sand.  

Reximus, if you decide to come pm me if you need to leave a vehicle in my yard instead of the circle.

7 hours ago, alyeska said:

Reximus, if you decide to come pm me if you need to leave a vehicle in my yard instead of the circle.

I'd love to come...but its just going to be too hot! I still need to heat cycle the motor a few times...this is definitely my style of ride however.

Catch me on the next one, I will be down with shoulder surgery until I leave in august for Victoria (on the super 10) should be riding the dez again by late sept.

Since I see no posts we are going to swing by circle at 0800 and if no one there we are going to get moving towards airport and out into dez at landfill, still making stop at iron door to pick up another rider.