Greenhorn

I Rode Around Saturday Morning 6/10/2017

Not exactly as planned but a good ride for sure. Weather was drizzly on Viejas Grade visor up - glass down to see. Old Hwy 80 out, then took 94 east at Cameron Corners as I like that ride.

Made it out to what I think was the Valley of the Moon trail head, it's didn't really say as far as I could tell, the trail was signed for motorcycle, jeep and hiker. I found something worse than sand, than green road rock, son of a... Rode like sand but I would hate to go down on it. Just past the trail head there was 50 yards of it or so, that was the toughest part of the 1/2 mile or so I rode up the road. Nothing to tough about the road itself, just judgement (and a comment on my other post suggesting it would be best to have a partner). Heading back the the trail head I missed the left and ended up treating myself to an extra  100 yards of green road rock.

I tried to find the Table Top ride and couldn't as I thought it was directly across 8 from Valley of the Moon trail head. Just back west a ways actually, I'll remember that next time. I do think I saw the mountain on the ride east and why it got it's name, just access road wasn't where I thought. It is not at the end of the In Ko Pah road i know that now. 

Given all the talk on the board about Mc Cains I decided to go there next, a friend and I rode there a few times 10 -15 years ago. Yes there is a lot going on there. Road out to Carrizo George Overlook and came across a snake in the road on the way back, about 3.5' but not a rattler. Rode around the camp grounds and lower section a little before heading out. It is a shame that everything is so tore up, maybe there will be some restoration when it's all done, obviously will never be the same.

Stopped at the Acorn for gas and then Old Hwy 80 to 79, jumped on 8 to Willows from 79 for a short freeway thrill and back to town on Old Hwy 80. I think about 180 miles total. 

For the first 45 minutes I was having a idling issue where I kept have to adjust it 500 up or back at idle and had a stall off idle. Was a little bum'ed thinking pilot or something clogged or some else. Finally noticed choke had on about 1/3. Turned it off and all was good  :).

Looking forward to Valley of the Moon again if I can round up some company. 

From Here Riding Around Saturday Morning 6-10-2017