Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

Borrego-Superstition 6-9-17

Did an awesome ride this morning, I didn't expect the weather to cooperate but it never broke out of the 80s until after 2. We headed out of Borrego around 0730 crossing the dez coming out in ocotillo wells, then headed down split mountain rd onto the old gypsum RR towards plaster city, we sidetripped over to superstition dune area and rode around for about an hour then hit the road for Ocotillo.  After paying $4 a gallon for premium we rode along I8 up the canyon then turned back for lunch at a cool little diner store. Inside the store they had some of the bikes I use to ride as a kid and that was pretty cool, plus they had some good cheap food. After lunch we hit the road for canyon sin nombre and into fish creek exiting back onto split mountain road and back to Borrego for refreshments.  An uneventful day with no problems and beautiful riding weather.  One note, the sand after the second trestle heading south towards plaster city is now brutally deep, over 2 ft and soft in some spots, its a full throttle 3rd gear ride (on my bike). August is Rally in the gorge, and Victoria bc if anyones up for a short ride!

superstition_ride_6-12-17_012.JPG

superstition ride 6-12-17 027.PNG

superstition ride 6-12-17 017.JPG

superstition_ride_6-12-17_019.JPG

superstition ride 6-12-17 025.PNG

superstition_ride_6-12-17_023.JPG

Great loop!

Those Mojavi Bags working for you?

The Red Feather rocks, try the Burner Burger.

Red feather is a great stop.   The owner is Frank Vrettas (sp?) who runs CALVMX, which explains his nice bike collection. 

Racing Calv Mx flat track at Camp Lockett in Campo tomorrow. Stop and watch or join in the fun

I love the new Mojave also the goldentyre fatty, thanks bagstr for the great tips. That front tire made the difference in that deep sand.  Cool day today 72 degrees right now (0900) heading out for another ride!