Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Colorado Mountains Spring 2017 - Slavens Report

If you are planning a High Mountain trip to Colorado this spring / summer, check out the Slavens Trail Report.  High Passes are still snowed in and will not be dry and cleared of downed trees for another 30 days or more. 

:o

Dave - Where do we find the "Slavens Trail Report?"

That would be Slavensracing.com

2 hours ago, Bagstr said:

That would be Slavensracing.com

Thanks!

Thanks Bags, I have been watching snow reports because I have 2 trips planned in 34 days from now.  At this point I would state that I am doing them solo, just like I did last year, because I am not counting on my riding buddys who say "definitely maybe" :)  Although a bit of hijacking this thread, but aligns with the title, I will be taking off around July 12 on a couple / few day trip to include Aspen, Reudi, Leadville, Crested Butte, Marble, and back.  The next loop will be to connect Leadville to Telluride through the Sam Juans (That one is the BDR from last year that was on fire when I tried, including the CO BDR detour this year due to the closing of Cottonwood pass).  I will post this in upcoming rides soon, so members, no need to reply here (could PM if you wish).  However, more pertinent to this thread, if anyone knows about pass openings through the Colorado Rockies, it is good to know so I can adjust my routes.  Thanks.  Cheers. 

Thanks Governor, That is a good link for info, and it had something that I didn't know and might consider throwing in since I was kinda thinking about doing the top half of NM BDR on the way home and "Rainbow Trail" may be on the way.   :)      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3N_Qk1Cl2k

Appreciated!