MXman

Jawbone to Kennedy meadows

Last weekend a couple buddies and I set off for an epic 3 day ride.  Our goal was to ride from jawbone to Kennedy meadows, maximizing single track. We started at the jawbone ranger station and headed up through the Piutes and hit all the single track we could handle. Finally we dropped into lake Isabella, filled up with gas, and food. After lunch the plan was to loop through the greenhorns and eventually make it to Kernville for the night. Unfortunately we ran into some bike issues on the way up out of keyesville and had to head back to Isabella to get some parts. After the bike repairs we took the road into Kernville.

Our plan for the following day was to head up rincoln, loop through Kennedy meadows and back down Cannel plunge. Unfortunately rincoln is still closed so we just went up Cannel and did a small loop in Kennedy meadows. Toward the top of Cannel I came across a bear in the trail, so that was pretty cool.  We made it back early enough to go rafting down the Kern and the river was cranking. 

We headed back on Monday, looping through the greenhorns and back over the Piutes. We ended up riding about 275 miles over the 3 days. 

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_6710.JPG

IMG_6713.JPG

IMG_6719.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

IMG_6744.JPG

DSCF0880.JPG

Take me with you!!