Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

2017 KTM/Husky300 2T tech stuff FYI

Oh and some other info thrown in incidental

1) Suspension- I am once again amazed at how responsive these new fangled suspensions are. I happen to like a lot of free rebound out back (open) loose, happy are my terms....but I guess she was too happy I clicked in 2 more yesterday and huge difference coming into corners, she transfers much more smooth and yet still no packing up under acceleration. She is very very close now.
2) JD Jetting- still have 50:1 K2 with shell premium, and once again the tail pipe is black sooty and dry (very very close to perfect), there is a small stumble coming into mid still but mostly I'm riding right past it, once I go to 60:1 I will see what she's doing, and make a mix screw tweak to see if that clears it. If not a mix screw thing I will do a 1/2 step on the needle up or down to be determined. Also note on soft map its way more pronounced---and no I don't like soft map at all, the standard map is way better for me. Also note I really believe my mileage is super good, by just looking at what we rode and how much fuel is still in the tank.
Yesterday was TX300 me, 300XC-W EOD Brian, and 250XCF-W Il Napolitano Massimo (back from traveling the USA with his MX kid). 3 rider crew is perfect now that the dry dust is in effect.
Forks seem to be spot on for me with 9.7 bar (to match 48 rear spring with @ 8.5mm preload), I'm using the travel well. We did @ 40 miles , I think this tank may good for 60 miles of single track, but that will take more testing and paying attention or GPS mapping.

Note to self when riding with guys that need a suspension help check their stuff before the ride....the 300XC-W had like 12mm of spring preload for static of 18mm, race sag was at @ 90mm......he was saying his bike was very harsh...(no kidding)... ended up (post ride sorry dude) with about very minimal 3mm preload for 33mm static and about 103 race sag, his spring is right on the cusp of too heavy, but as its set up now will work fine because he does heavy carry gear rides as well as light gear trail rides. (and he has a WP Trax shock to install as well, next time out!!)
The TX300 is brilliant!!!

Awesome stuff glad your liking suspension alot and jd kit doing good

yes and yes. very close to spot on,  on both accounts. I won't make anymore carb changes until the next tank of OEM recommended 60:1 mixture. I was at 10 bar to keep some balance between my 2 rate heavier spring and front. I went down to 9.7 bar and added a couple mm to my spring preload then added 2 more clicks of REB. things are working very well. PS also Im running a BR9EIX (iridium plug)

did you check stator wire for rubbing yet, mine was worn threw outer protector at 5hrs. Luckily no wire damage

where was the wear? location? thx

7 hours ago, robertaccio said:

where was the wear? location? thx

jeez. another thing to check. thanks that's a good one. that one is recall worthy, especially as the bikes are street legal in a lot of places.

well mine has just the slightest evidence mark on the outer casing. So it did touch but did not cut in. I did what Jeff did, mixed up some epoxy put it behind the wire bundle and put on a spring clamp until it hardens (hopfully fast!!) I need to finalize prep for tomorrow!

Just found out the OEM special parts catalog has fork clamp lower guards in hi impact plastic. I now have them mounted. P/N 79601994000

6 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Just found out the OEM special parts catalog has fork clamp lower guards in hi impact plastic. I now have them mounted. P/N 79601994000

Looks pretty thin how do you think they compare to the ones you had on te.

Need something my lower fork clamps and axle nut pretty banged up

BP- The very nice Discover Enduro skids are my first choice but he has not jigged/molded up the shape for the new style axle clamps. I spotted these OEM special parts ones and they are fine, not as thick or the same type of plastic, but they will work great and are like zero weight, they may wear faster from scrapes but its OK if they are sacrificial let the plastic wear away not the alloy fork feet.

Paul- Im not a fan of adding extra metal parts, EE makes good stuff but those fork guards may be effective but for me its just too much stuff hanging off and also they are ugly! (Note I am not a fan of the type of alloy EE uses, to me its a soft aluminum alloy (1100 series?) he uses for all his parts. However I may end up with EE rad guards those I like, but I do add lightening holes to all of mine.

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

but I do add lightening holes to all of mine.

Hahaha!  Nnnnerd!  Ps. See you Sunday buddy

lightening holes in my 2014 TE300 Enduro Engineering Radiator Guards....................lost about 3 oz.....up high

0818161747a.jpg

I like your rockstar sponsor plug jarvis 

I was tired that day and wanted some pep, I rarely if ever drink that stuff. It works but so does espresso!! And espresso seems more natural I was too lazy to brew some coffee.