Sign in to follow this  
Wintyfresh

Trials roll call

About nine months ago I picked up a trials bike (2004 Gas Gas TXT 280 Pro), and last month took Gary LaPlante's class. I'm hooked! I know at least a few of you have trials bikes sitting in your garages, begging to be kicked over and pointed at some obstacles. Others are just waiting for their opportunity to ride a trials bike for the first time. My skill level is still solidly in the beginner class, but I've got a teeter totter and two and a half acres of interesting terrain located in Ramona.

3PdWyTIl.jpg

Just trying to gauge interest in a relaxed practice day event, so please reply if this sounds like your cup of tea! 

• Like 1

Jealous 2 years too late sold mine cause no one to ride with

I'll come over to spectate and drink your beer.

Hmmmmmm?   Always wanted to get into this.  Never found anyone who was really interested in getting serious about it, and just didn't know a whole lot of local places to go. 

Is this private property or your little secret spot?  I don't have a trials bike, but I imagine the right terrain or obstacles it could still be challenging and a skill building/learning experience on a light 2 stroke.  That's honestly the only reason I keep the 250 2 stroke around, for technical trail riding.  

I'd love to try my hands at Trial riding, if anyone has an old bike they are willing to sell, please post up, I'd be very interested!

Mike

vintage but very capable 92 Beta Zero 260  recently restored and working good. throw around some dates.

11 hours ago, RobATK94 said:

Is this private property or your little secret spot?  I don't have a trials bike, but I imagine the right terrain or obstacles it could still be challenging and a skill building/learning experience on a light 2 stroke.  That's honestly the only reason I keep the 250 2 stroke around, for technical trail riding.  

It's my property. I'm limiting it to trials bikes for now; they tend to be pretty quiet and don't tear up the yard. 

11 hours ago, robertaccio said:

vintage but very capable 92 Beta Zero 260  recently restored and working good. throw around some dates.

This Saturday or Sunday the week after are both options. 

sounds great thank you for sharing your place!!  we can finalize (I need to check schedule as well) and throw on my Michelin gummy trials tire, the Pirelli that's on it is way too hard.

http://www.retrotrials.com/1992-beta-zero-260-test.html

that's the one I have..but without the Acerbis thermo plastic muffler.