Reximus

Memorial day weekend in northern baja

Spent memorial day weekend around Ensenada. Left Friday afternoon and stopped in Valle G for some wine on the way down. Had no idea that American prices had infiltrated the valle. 20$ for 2 OK quality glasses of wine. The place was rife with LA area hipsters sporting tight colored jeans, the shaved-side-long-on-top hairdo, and Iphones. So we slugged the wine and proceeded to Ensenada. 

Checked in at Playa Hermosa Bed and Breakfast. Nice clean safe place just south of the tourist zone. Would highly rexxx-ommend for couples.

Next day we scouted south of the bufadora- planning on taking mom kayaking in a few months. Gave some nice fishermen a ride up the hill, who warned of a grande tiburon they saw. 

We swam anyway, at a nice place called purto arbolito, aka puerto kennedy. Nice guy named octavio charges a token fee for the day. She paddled boarded and I dove. Was hard not to have a bike with me! But I found my self occupied by mentally preparing for a showdown with the gran tiburon.

Later we had dinner at El Lobo De Maneadero. I ordered "a grilled octopus", and that is what they gave me! It was a very good place to eat and highly rexxomend it.

On the way back we stoped at a beach just south of the tourist area. locals were out hotrodding around, steel frame YZs with no helmet, some front lifted rain-yers, and much to my chagrin, two subaru foresters shredding the dunes like "5th gear Glamis with Ronnie Renner."

Received a few compliments on my truck bed security system- see photos.

It was a nice trip, but I found myself longing for a bike while I was there. The good news is that the lady wants to buy a bike. I think a ttr 125 would be a good fit. And since I can't post in the WTB section, maybe someone will find me a good deal.

Hasta luego amigos.

IMG_20170526_190109674.jpg

IMG_20170527_082354425.jpg

IMG_20170528_115440740_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20170528_140034802.jpg

IMG_20170528_172402728.jpg

IMG_20170528_193404320.jpg

IMG_20170525_201430060.jpg

Now I want to take my VW down there, looks awesome.  

My employer, good ole Uncle S. makes it a bit of a hassle for me to take Baja trips, but I should be putting that life behind me soon, hanging up my boots and snuggling in my DD-214 blanket of freedom which means Mexico time!