danrider

UC Davis and Daughter Ride

It is not often that I get the chance to have one on one time with my daughter.  She just finished her mid-terms at Davis and asked if I would show her Northern CA on my bike.  What do you think I said?  That be yes.  This past Thursday went up the 5 to Davis (that part of the ride sucked) flat and boring.  I picked her up at her apartment at 11:30 Friday after her last class for the day and we drove over to Redbluff and started the 36 over to Eureka.  I love riding the 36 with all of its bends and beauty that you get to see, my daughter loved the ride and all of the nice bikers we met traveling the 36.  Every time I have traveled the 36 I have met some motorcycle enthusiast from another country (this time was no different)that came out to ride the 36,  I know why it is so talked about, ride it and you will know what I mean.   We finally made it to Eureka for dinner and the weather was perfect in the high 60's.  After dinner we headed up the 101 to our camp site for the night Elk Prairie Creek Redwoods. I highly recommend this place and yes we saw plenty of Elk.  

We got up the next morning and started down the 101 to the Avenue of Giants, that ride is so cool.   I stoped the bike so many times to take pictures and to walk trails with my daughter, we really enjoyed the 33 miles of bliss.  We finally made it over to highway 1 and worked our way down to Fort Brag for the night.  When you first start the 1 south of the giants it twist its way over to the cost line through tall Redwoods and forest. You can just get lost with the feeling of being free on your bike when you make this ride to the coast. This part of the ride put a big smile on Danielle's face because she had never been down the 1 before.   We stayed in Fort Brag for the night, had some great beer at the North Coast Brewery and pizza. 

The Next morning we got up early to beautiful clear blue sky's, the coast was in unusual form for this time of year.  We took our travel slow down the coast with plenty of stops to take in what our coast has to offer on highway 1.  The 1 had plenty of construction going on with plenty of delays but the delays turned out to be a plus for us because we just had more time to view the coat line.  We made it to Bodega Bay for lunch then made it through the hills back to the 101 and around the bay back over to Davis.  It was a fun time together and Danielle really enjoyed it and has asked me to take her up the coast of Oregon for a week once school lets out. I am up for that and it gives me plenty of time to get some camp sites lined up.   Enjoy the pics!   I truly enjoyed spending the time with my daughter and sharing with her what I love to do.  She has asked me several times to take her to AK for her graduation present when she finishes Davis. She really does have an adventurist heart.  

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1115_2.JPG

Most excellent! :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for sharing...my daughter is a UC Davis Grad...:smile_anim:

Awesome that she enjoys riding and camping with her Pops.  Great memory building adventures. 

Great stuff Danrider, Adventures with the daughters are golden.  Cheers

So cool. I would be thrilled if my daughter wanted to do something like that some day!

Incredibly cool story and photos, Danny.  And, yes, Danielle and Joe get their adventurous spirit from their old man.

Good stuff.  It will be a treasured memory that you both will always have.

12 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Good stuff.  It will be a treasured memory that you both will always have.

Yes the memory will always be etched in my brain on this one.  She had a big smile on her face because it was all new views for her!  She was a real trooper on the trip....Never complained at all.

Nothing better than being able to ride with your kids.  Great write up.  Keep them coming Dan.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:33 PM, dstss said:

Nothing better than being able to ride with your kids.  Great write up.  Keep them coming Dan.

Dave it is long over due that you and I ride.   How about doing Kofa in late September.  I know I could get a couple of guys here to go your way.  I know Diego wants to do that ride.

Dan, Going to Disney world some time in Sept. I have to confirm the dates but will let you know. Hopefully I will be around when you plan your trip.  Definitely need to get a ride together.  Just did a trip with my son Danny up in Oregon that I will post a report about in the next couple of days.