Sign in to follow this  
Wintyfresh

2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship

I know I'm not the only one of these forums watching outdoors, so let's get a discussion thread going! Spoilers ahead, so if you haven't watched Hangtown yet steer clear!

I was hoping for big things from Ferrandis, so it was heartbreaking to see him out in the first moto. News is he didn't break anything but did sustain a concussion, so fingers crossed he lines up at Glen Helen! Don't wanna sling too much mud about brands, but Jeremy Martin can't be too thrilled about his switch to Honda at the moment. Nice to see Forkner podium in the 2nd moto, if he can keep the bike under him I think he's going to be spending a lot of time up there. 

JGR just had to be shaking their heads watching Barcia dump it right off the bat, they've had a rough season but at least Peick's back for the series. Anderson also caught a tough break, not a good day to try and sell Dragon goggles. Josh Grant's success caught me a bit off guard, nice to see an "old" guy up on the podium! No surprises about Eli Tomac's performance, dominating the race so well he can crash and still retain a significant lead. 

I went ahead and picked up NBC Sports Gold; I have Cox Cable so don't get MavTV. I can't say if it's worth $50, but the stream quality from my Amazon Fire TV Stick was great, there's no commercials, and the commentary continues during the breaks. If they can do something similar for Supercross that'll drive the final nail in the coffin of my cable TV subscription. 

I caught moto 2 on YouTube, great battle toward the end between Tomac and Musquin.  At first I thought it was going to be all the way to the end but then it looked like Tomac realized he was only using half of the throttle or something because he just left MM behind.  I hope someone picks up some speed, because Tomac is quick this year.  

Did they talk about Roczen's recovery at all? If so, what's his status for return?

7 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

Did they talk about Roczen's recovery at all? If so, what's his status for return?

They actually interviewed him at the race. He came as a spectator. Said he was going to be out all season and hopes to come back next year. He is continuing his rehab and getting back in shape. He looked good.

As far as Tomac, I'm a big fan. I wanted him to win SX even though he rides green. I was a big fan of his dad back in the day when he was dominating MTB scene. I really think he was playing it smart in the second moto based on the fact that he totally dominated Musquin once he passed him.

2 minutes ago, Oracle said:

They actually interviewed him at the race. He came as a spectator. Said he was going to be out all season and hopes to come back next year. He is continuing his rehab and getting back in shape. He looked good.

Thanks LB...that's good to hear!!! My son mentioned that he underwent surgery number ten or something like that on his elbow...he actually had an elbow "transplant" performed. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Another exciting weekend! What in the world is up with Tomac's front brake? You'd think after Arlington they'd have a better plan together, but it wasn't a good day to be on a green machine. I felt SO bad watching Forker make his way back to the pits (but I guess nobody can accuse him of cutting the track this time). No surprise to see so many guys that train with Aldon Baker up on the podium, and I was thrilled to see some real speed out of Ferrandis. If Jeremy Martin could've just kept it on the track he would've taken the top spot, so at least Honda's got the bike sorted.