Sign in to follow this  
StealthDingo

Anyone have a last minute loaner bike?? Baja tomorrow

SDAR I need help. I need a last minute loaner bike if anyone has one. Goofy Footer and I planned a trip to coyote cals for this weekend. Supposed to leave early tomorrow morning. My bike has been running perfect even until last night. Loaded in truck today and it wont go into gear. Stuck in neutral... wont engage into any gear. Tried everything I could without pulling the transmission open and i dont have the time for that with the trip planned for tomorrow morning departure. even called a couple of you folks for advice.  So... does anyone have a loaner bike they would let me take down??? Happy to pay rental fee to you and provide your favorite adult beverage. I know this is a long shot but if anyone can make it happen, its this group. Please contact me if you think you can help. Call or text greg at 619 952 7126. Thanks in advance!!!

Probably not the transmission.  Could be shifting mechanism which is under a small cover on the lefthand side of the engine...right where the shift shaft comes out of the case.  I'd check there first.  Hope you find a ride in the meantime.

Thanks Dame. Keeping my fingers crossed! Was going to be my first ride down south with goofy to lead. Been prepping all week

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, StealthDingo said:

Thanks Dame. Keeping my fingers crossed! Was going to be my first ride down south with goofy to lead. Been prepping all week

Did you end up finding a bike?

I have an old XT600 for just such emergencies. Unfortunately I did not see your post until right now.

Just now, WilliamArcher said:

Did you end up finding a bike?

I have an old XT600 for just such emergencies. Unfortunately I did not see your post until right now.

I did not. Trip postponed until I get it figured out . Thanks for the offer should the need arise !

I wish you had asked me when you called me, I didn't see this post until too late.  I have an extra YZ450F in the garage that I haven't decided to sell yet.  It's not a dual sport, but could work for Mexico trips.   Let me know.....

46 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I wish you had asked me when you called me, I didn't see this post until too late.  I have an extra YZ450F in the garage that I haven't decided to sell yet.  It's not a dual sport, but could work for Mexico trips.   Let me know.....

There's an XR in there too!?

1 hour ago, Reximus said:

There's an XR in there too!?

Push power at the moment.....

22 hours ago, tntmo said:

yea i should have asked but was hoping to get it going at that point. Failed ... sad