dizz

Joining from Santee!

Good morning!

I am new to the scene and though this might be a good place to start looking for new friends.

I've been riding for just over three years... started on an old and busted 2007 Ninja 250 and just upgraded to a new V-Strom 650 (Glee ;)). It's so much more fun riding now... my old 250 is like a kids bike compared to my New Hotness... 

Ive been trying to see how far I can push the Glee, but I've never done much of any off pavement riding. Been out to Borrego... ate it in some sand... been up Otay, didn't fall but scared myself going up from Pio Pecos (Haha)

I'm a 30 year old photographer and have a full time job living in Santee... I'm really looking forward to having some mini adventures to beautiful places that I can photograph/video. 

But I'ma total n00b and don't know anyone else that rides... hoping to find some friends that I can ride with!

Dizz

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1598.jpg

Nice,is that dirt on those tires? A couple of photo types on here, so you are in good company.

Welcome.

2 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

Nice,is that dirt on those tires? A couple of photo types on here, so you are in good company.

Welcome.

Thanks! And not really.. they're stock tires.. comes with Bridgestone Trailwings. I'll eventually need some better tires but have been saving to put money into a bash plate and engine guards first. ?

---------

Edit: I realize I totally misread your post... haha.. x.x yes.. that's dirt on my tires! There's a little bit of sand out in Borrego from time to time

Welcome dizz, you're gonna find a lot of good peeps to ride with. 

I just picked up an 06 Wee a week ago and have been searching for crash bars and a bash plate. 

I'm also a phoog ?

See ya on the trail

IMG_1317.JPG

Ninja 250 is a great bike to start on, I have had several of them and currently have about 63% of one sitting behind my garage awaiting the right parts bike to build another one.  Don't hear much bad about the Wee 650 unless people are trying to do deep sand or single track on them.  

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Ninja 250 is a great bike to start on, I have had several of them and currently have about 63% of one sitting behind my garage awaiting the right parts bike to build another one.  Don't hear much bad about the Wee 650 unless people are trying to do deep sand or single track on them.  

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Thank you!! Yeah, the 250 was a good bike to learn on... I didn't realize just how small it was until I upgraded. Now it's taking up space in my  garage and I need to sell it.

i really want to do some trails in Borrego but I'm concerned I would get stuck in sand. I really want to go up to fonts point and up a few canyons.

ive never ridden a true dirt bike, so I have no gauge to tell how my bike does haha

3 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Welcome dizz, you're gonna find a lot of good peeps to ride with. 

I just picked up an 06 Wee a week ago and have been searching for crash bars and a bash plate. 

I'm also a phoog ?

See ya on the trail

IMG_1317.JPG

That's awesome! Where are you in the pic? 

So far, I really like the v-strom. I'd love to do some photography camping trips... Joshua tree or something for some badass Astro photography... 

Welcome to the forum.  Look for Noob rides posted occasionally.

4 hours ago, dizz said:

Where are you in the pic? 

Welcome dizz, not quite as hard as finding waldo, he is off to the left in black - hahaha.  Hard to see next to that bright new red bike.  When is the white glee gonna chime in with your blue and his red so you all can post for pics?  My glee is gray, so mine will have to be the background :)   I think Weirdrider is itching to go on a nice long jaunt to gain confidence in his new bike, so maybe a glee outing soon.  Cheers.  

I'm gonna try and join a ride with the SD Motorcycle Campout Meetup group this Saturday if anyone wants to join. They're doing a meet and ride from mission valley up to Palomar and back. 

13 hours ago, tvscum said:

Welcome to the forum.  Look for Noob rides posted occasionally.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I've never even ridden with anyone else x.x

13 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Welcome to the forum.B)

Thank you! =3

12 hours ago, MacDuncan said:

Welcome dizz, not quite as hard as finding waldo, he is off to the left in black - hahaha.  Hard to see next to that bright new red bike.  When is the white glee gonna chime in with your blue and his red so you all can post for pics?  My glee is gray, so mine will have to be the background :)   I think Weirdrider is itching to go on a nice long jaunt to gain confidence in his new bike, so maybe a glee outing soon.  Cheers.  

omg I realized that set up after I posted.. haha! Glee riders unite =D I've been using mine as a daily commuter since I got it... put nearly 2400 miles in it in like two months.

12 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

I'm gonna try and join a ride with the SD Motorcycle Campout Meetup group this Saturday if anyone wants to join. They're doing a meet and ride from mission valley up to Palomar and back. 

That sounds like fun! I've been up Palomar once before... really twisty coming down. Awesome views, though. 

Too bad I work on Saturdays =(

1 hour ago, Uncle Champ said:

Glee, wasn't that some thankfully canceled show?

Haha.. I was never a huge fan of that show....

My understanding is...

Pre 2012 V-Strom 650 = Wee

Post 2012 V-Strom with Gladius Engine + Wee = Glee

?

Old post I know,  but wanted to add my white vstrom for that potential patriotic pic lol. Give me a shout if you guys want to plan a ride for vstroms.

Robert

20170302_120302.jpg

Sadly,,  Street and Sand Bikes ( Wait for it )   Do not cross over in application...  Best of luck as you learn the limits of both.

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

Is this the post where the VStroms go to mingle?

AEF3F68B-5A6F-42DF-A7C5-38B4728D43E4_zps

Vstrom party! Come with me up to Sequoia tomorrow ? Then we can have a party