BajaMortal

New here to contribute

Hi all,

I registered to this forum some time ago but since I have not had a chance to contribute much.   I am hoping this changes in the near future as I am about to start a new adventure and I do plan to post a trip report.

About myself, I'm relatively new to adventure bikes.  I have done multiple trips (on and off-road) up and down baja driving cars, RVs, ATVs, airplane.  I also have owned street bikes as far back as high school but I had not owned something close to adventure bike before.  Thus far on my current ride (KLR 650) I have only done solo and small group trips to Rosarito, Tecate, Ensenada with some buddies for lobster runs.  On my last trip however I did take my bike to Bay of LA and back for the weekend only to make sure my gear, ride was good enough for the types of rides I want to pursue.   All this is merely preparation for my longer upcoming trip down to La Paz this weekend.  I actually don't have a plan to return to the states for about a week+ and depending on the progress I make on the way down, I might decide to take my bike across to Mazatlan.   That's assuming I can get the required paperwork done sometime before I reach the tip of Baja.  Regardless of the paperwork situation, I'm planning to leave this Saturday 5/20/17.  It is just that time when you need time in Baja, for those that have become addicted like I have,  they must know the feeling.

Thanks for reading my intro, hope it was not too boring for you all!

Mexico_Tool_booth_small.jpg

Sounds like a great trip.  Due to military restrictions on traveling Baja, I haven't been there much but am patiently waiting for my good Uncle Sam to let me be finished and then it's on.   Have fun, take pictures and share with those of us still stuck north of the border.

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Have a great, fun trip! Looking forward to the ride report(s) and pics...:smile_anim: