TdubLady

McCain 5/12-14 Oh, Mother!!

Todd and I are heading out Friday afternoon and staying until Sunday. He's all about some single track-I'm gonna bring both bikes so I have options. We're bringing our little trailer. No bike room, but we can haul out some supplies if needed.

I know it's Mother's Day weekend, hopefully some of you can at least get a day pass for Saturday!

Im pretty sure we can make this, its been years since I rode any of that area, probably bring toy hauler with bikes and atv.

Maybe some group dinners so not everyone has to cook.

are you camping at lark canyon or cottonwood? cottonwood no atvs allowed I read, I think the rules were different 25 years ago, I don't remember.

9 minutes ago, alyeska said:

are you camping at lark canyon or cottonwood? cottonwood no atvs allowed I read, I think the rules were different 25 years ago, I don't remember.

Camping at Lark. Around the bend from the oak tree yonder.:D Lark allows ATVs up to 40" wide. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.desertusa.com/mccain/oct_mcain2.html

I'm all for family dinners! How about pot luck Friday and Mexican Saturday?

Sounds good, will I have trouble getting a site Friday morning?

Have you been out there since they started the construction? It's definitely a little different.... Lots of graded roads and moving equipment when I was there a few weeks ago. Just don't want you to be disappointed, you may want to do some asking around and make sure it's still acceptable for your group.

I'm sure it'll be just fine. Bonus that hubby works on heavy equipment and has master keys:ph34r:

It will be a bit different but I haven't heard any reports that it's affected riding any.

2 hours ago, alyeska said:

Sounds good, will I have trouble getting a site Friday morning?

I don't think so. Honestly can't say I've seen more than one campsite occupied there ever. 

OK great, I will head up Friday afternoon then instead of early morning.

6 hours ago, TdubLady said:

I'm sure it'll be just fine. Bonus that hubby works on heavy equipment and has master keys:ph34r:

It will be a bit different but I haven't heard any reports that it's affected riding any.

From the campground and the oak tree that main ridge trail that would transfer from north to south is destroyed,

Ok ok. I'll make a point to head out there a week or so before and make sure it's still good. It's 3 weeks away now so lots can change. 

Can always keep Corral Canyon as a plan b. 

Sold our toyhauler last weekend and we are looking for a new one this weekend so we are not going to be making it out.

17 hours ago, TdubLady said:

Bumping it up. Who's coming out to play?

Me, of course.

I'm hoping to be out there Saturday, Will be my first time out in many years, so I'll be putzing around.   Will stop by and introduce myself if I see you guys.

Mike

19 hours ago, alyeska said:

Sold our toyhauler last weekend and we are looking for a new one this weekend so we are not going to be making it out.

That's a bummer-I was looking forward to hearing about your trip.

14 hours ago, Ken S said:

See you Saturday morning.

3 hours ago, La Mesa Mike said:

I'm hoping to be out there Saturday, Will be my first time out in many years, so I'll be putzing around.   Will stop by and introduce myself if I see you guys.

Mike

I,too,am a putz-hopefully we can double putz together!

4 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Gonna try for Friday night 

We'll be rolling in around 6:30-7 Friday night. Grilling up some carne asada Saturday night so if you're smart you'll stick around for dinner. BYOB.

It woulda been fun to drive down and camp with Doc overnight (rig mods not done), but we'll be at Overland Expo West in Flagstaff this weekend.

Good seeing and riding with everyone today.