alyeska

Crazy good tire store

Just got a new front tire on my super ten today and had to let everyone know about this outstanding tire shop I just found, they are in Kearney mesa next to fun bike and are called eight ball tire, when you walk in its amazing, pool table, shuffleboard, free snacks and sodas, and service that is so fast and professional you wont believe it. They have so many tires in stock I don't think you will find a better selection anywhere in san diego.  Here is whats amazing, their prices are lower than motorcycle superstore, I paid 10 dollars less than motorcycle superstore for the same tire and it was on my bike in less than 30 minutes. I normally don't brag about any business because most let me down but this one is outstanding and should be given a chance to earn your business.

super_ten_new_tires_007.JPG

super ten new tires 009.JPG

super_ten_new_tires_008.JPG

super ten new tires 011.JPG

Haven't used them since they don't / didn't stock what I was looking for, but I've referred them twice in that many days to people I've met with adventure bikes. I just played pool when I was there. ?

Yes, great guys....they also threw in a tire for the Desert Dash raffle. They are very much moto enthusiasts and into supporting the moto community, including us.

They mounted my tkc80 front and K60 rear.  I bought them online before I discovered their store.  No problem for them, and I learned I could get these tires through them for a little less than I paid online.  Which is a bonus . . . the important factor to me is the service.  I like these guys.

Great info, Zubb! What are on-the-bike and off-the-bike install prices?

On 4/19/2017 at 0:31 PM, Dan Diego said:

Great info, Zubb! What are on-the-bike and off-the-bike install prices?

Hmmm... not sure I remember exactly but IIRC it was around $25 a wheel + $10 each for beads, about $70 ttl.  I brought my extra set of spoked GS rims with worn out Tourances still on.  They replaced them with my internet bought tires and balanced with beads at my request.  If you hang around long enough, they just might stick a beer in your hand.

I won't be going to buy tires online anymore.

Just spoke with Ken about pricing.

Bring in the the wheels/tires and it's $55 for both, to include balancing. That's a $5 discount for a set (normally $30 each). 

Ride the bike in and it's $95...to include the $5 discount t for having both done.

Synthetic rubber inner tubes are about $16, depending on size. Michelin natural rubber tubes are $4 more. 

I know, I know...do them yourself with a friend in your garage.  (This info was for those without friends, spoons or garages.)