Bagstr

This Week Work - Next Week Play!

The Borrego Weather is waning,,,   Next week looks like Doable.

Tough to miss Friday Weather but Hey!  :huh: 

Im itching for desert haven't ridden down there in basically 2 years, possible for tuesday or Thursday pending start time

Wanna pick me up Brian old pal?

Been wanting to do one of the Govs rides for a while

Checking NOAA and the progress of the masons in my yard,,,,Pointing at Thursday 0800 arrival.  Planning North  loop depending on convenience to attendees .  You folks that can't make it,  We will pay no attention.

Prob 85F or higher so bring plenty of fluids and inner tubes.     :ph34r:

Cant swing that early have fun though, maybe when it cools down again didnt think was already gonna be 90. Humm night ride coming soon

I can roll with you on either Thursday or Friday. Any chance in making the start time 9 -9:30?

what loop mileage are we talking?  Meet location?

My method is to show up for a quick breakfast at 0800;  parking lot south of Kendall's,  then shoot for 9-9:15 departure.  I have been roaming around Arroyo Seco del Diablo recently so that naturally sends my route to the north sector of the State Park. You know the sector without the whooped out OHV trails. Will be warming fast the next few days causing me to be thinking of a shortish 70 miles of pin ball routing and back to trucks noon to 1:00.  I know, a short day but better than no day.  The winds hopefully have smoothed the sand roads and hill, so planning to start at the sand hills east of the land fill ( Inspiration Canyon ); Loop around and head south to Air Ranch ATV tracks and Old Borrego Pole Line; east a few miles then north to Goat Trail and Blow Sand Drop; north toward Short Wash turning west back toward Inspiration. With the warm day building, not interested in getting too east of the safety of my air conditioned truck!

What do you think? You want to meet on the trail or at the parking lot? I can hang around until you can arrive if more time needed.

Bagstr

That loop route is fine with me. However I'd like to stage at Tamarisk Grove and meet up on the trail at San Gregorio monument say around 10:15, that way you could do the sandhills and I could come down from the grove and then do your whole route from there. Returning, when we reach inspiration point I could go back to Tamarisk Grove and you can go back to Kendall's .  Its just  I like a little bit more riding time and it's less drivetime. This way, We could still ride about 80% of the ride together and you can still have your breakfast at Kendall's . What do you think?

Done Deal.   Gregorio Monument 10:15  Thursday April 20

:shiftyeyes_anim: lurking........I really shouldn't play hooky, but desert season is almost over and adventure is calling

Governor Special,   Hash, Eggs and crispy potatoes.