Dan Diego

Yamaha WR280R Adventure

I want a smaller bike, but not this small. Tis' a pity I'm fat.

But it sure looks sweet!

https://horcamoto.com/2017/04/09/yamaha-wr280r-adventure/

It's been modded considerably, the biggest being the Engine – Thumper Racing 280 Big Bore Kit.  Perhaps the most significant mod is the increase in engine capacity to 280cc.  I can’t compare the current engine’s performance to a stock bike.  However, I am surprised how forgiving the engine is at lower revs – definitely more torque in the lower rpm range (and helped with a 48-tooth rear sprocket) than other 250s I’ve ridden. Vibrations are negligible. My big question is its reliability – and thus whether I would be prepared to take a bike with this mod on a trans-continental trip – no reason to assume it will be a problem, but  I’ll need to get some miles on it to know more in this regard.

MAJOR MODIFICATIONS

https://horcamoto.com/wr250r-modifications/

IMG_2459.JPG

Rode my cousins athena 290 kit wr250 pretty sweet bike weirdly enough considered one was between that and my husaberg 570 glad i choose 570 less weight more power but wr makes a good bike

Blew up my WR290......I think I ran the fuel injection too lean by relying on the FMS fuel programmer and internet forums for proposed settings :(.  

I no longer screw around with big bore kits......aftermarket fuel programmers scare me.......

Now I tweak the sprockets for performance changes as opposed to the core engine.......

Holy crap the rally tank fairing combo is $1200!