I took the 525 out for a spin yesterday after diagnosing and fixing some issues ( clogged jet, Leakey header, and then finding the diaphragm plate upside down in the carb, dammit Jim ! ). Seems to be running as good as new, well maybe? I meandered up to Ramona were I stopped to pick up my daisy duke jacket from LB. I asked him about Lusardi tt. He said it was a very nice one, so I headed there aft stopping for a sandwich. What a great day for a ride. 

Looking down on Pamo ValleyIMG_0660.JPGAbout six miles up Lusardi I saw what I thought was a kids blow up jumper, as I got closer I realized it was a rooftop tent. They were parked by the water. Looked like the kids had been playing in the stream. I waved and crossed the stream and kept going. 

I shot a few self portraits using my point and shoot Lumix, using my phone as a remote. IMG_0682.JPGWhat a pretty area, thanks LB for directing me there.

With iPhone IMG_0665.JPGI rode up a little further on this overgrown trail till I saw a private property sign. When I was heading back down, a cat ( probably a foot tall or so, couple of feet long with a long tail ) came out on the two track 50 or so yards a head me and started trotting down the path. I tried to catch up and it bolted off the path. That was fun to see. 

I stopped to talk with the campers this time, and was greeted from the dad, and a couple of the boys playing with there dinosaurs. They had been on top of Black mountain for a few days and didn't seem to have much of an agenda. They had a nice setup with four kids and house cat. 

I went up Orosco tt a short way to take in the view and have a snack before slabing it home. 

It was a fun ride, and am thrilled to get the KTM running so good again.

Now for the fork seals!

IMG_0686.JPGIMG_0693.JPGIMG_0700.JPGIMG_0704.JPGIMG_0705.JPGRide on all

I like the "moon shots!" :thumbsup_anim:

Good stuff. local guys does it actually continue all way to mesa truck trail and hwy 76 or dead end? If continues looks like can make a nice loop up to palomar also

4 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Good stuff. local guys does it actually continue all way to mesa truck trail and hwy 76 or dead end? If continues looks like can make a nice loop up to palomar also

Definitely dead ends B

7 minutes ago, kato said:

Definitely dead ends B

Yep, dead end.......

Same scenario with Black Mtn TT......it's fenced off right before the hard right hand turn to the top........

Likewise Orosco is gated in both directions (eventually) once you hit the ridge.......

No problem, Jim. Glad it worked out. Lusardi is probably the best trail off Pamo IMO. As you found out, there are a couple sections that go through nice Coastal Live Oak canopies and there are less rocks than Black Mountain. Wish my back wasn't so tweaked, I would have joined you.

Back in 1990 while riding my brand new DR350 (first year lol) it wasn't gated and I ended up unknowingly on private property just east of the La Jolla indian rez on Hwy 76. Got a stern lecture from a caretaker of a private hunting club who by the time we were done talking turned out to be a very nice lady.

Back then dual sports were not that common and we had many more trails open and some private property owners were cool as long as you closed the gates. 

Did this route today very nice with two little stretches of foresty area. Family still camped there seems little odd. Ramonakdx said they were there a week ago too

19 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Did this route today very nice with two little stretches of foresty area. Family still camped there seems little odd. Ramonakdx said they were there a week ago too

It's not unusual. There are people camped there frequently. It's free and they are usually "traveler" types. It's true, some people don't want to have jobs and houses, even with kids.