Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

TX300 Husqvarna Thread

I know its not a DS machine but I also know at least one other of our inmates has one  so here it is.

My extrapolated spring rate chart, AER I assume will step up and down in 3 PSI increments. Race Techs chart is not like that for a 210lb enduro rider they say 151 PSI, so I guess its pump and play if you like.

2017 TX300 Spring Rate.png

Looks like good chart i was happy with 143psi with stock valving and oil level now with s101 stuff at 139 definitely a difference in 3psi increments

Two Questions ;

Interesting to me that the linked unit uses a smaller spring rate than the PDS system. Hmmm,  The spring has more leverage over the geometry vs the swingarm has less leverage through the linkage?

Are youse guys loosing air when you disconnect the pump?  Do you over pump to accommodate loss at disconnect? 

Its noted in the manual not to worry about the bit that hisses when you disconnect the pump the reading will be the same as what's in the air reservoir, I assume there is a check valve at the entrance of the air reservoir , so any air hissed out is just between the schrader valve and reservoir, or the calibration of the pump pressure number makes up for it..

I know,  about the spring rates wow they really changed the lever ratio in the linkage for sure in this all new chassis,

My 2014 TE300 uses a 5.8 Kg/mm spring as opposed to the 42 N/mm, 4.3 Kg/mm that comes stock (I'm going to a 4.6 Kg/mm in this bike and I will be on the very high side of the weight spec for this rate, hope to get near the recommended 105 race sag or a little less

Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 on the way. I now know where I miss the thing.....more on decel as a slipper clutch to keep the rear settled. Under accel I mostly use my clutch and gas to get full lock up anyway, but for me its on decel into corners where the thing really shines for trail speed.

Probably the clutch assembly itself may fit but for sure the slave is different. so its easier to leave the set up on the 14 and just go new, Core EXP 3.0 for the 17.

Also note I ordered a Moto Tassinari V Force 4 reed assembly, for bullet proofing and clean baseline of the induction system. And an FMF Gnarley for use with the OEM muffler for now. I will also plug in an Iridium plug BR7EIX, ARC Memlon lever set are also on the way (bullet proof), just got my TM Designs full coverage skid plate and have the Obie Link guard on order that fits the TMD item.

BTW , a relatively new company is SXS , they make a 1 piece plastic skid plate that also covers the linkage knuckle, Jarvis' factory bike has one of these on it.

Wow almost identical builds we have, same fmf gnarly, vforce reeds, with enduro engineering spark arrestor, iridium plug, rb designs head mod (worth it), core exp 3.0, tm skid plate with obie guard ( get this the tm ones stripped and didnt hold with 1 ride) http://www.obielinkguard.com/product/ktmhusqvarna-2-stroke-4-stroke-obie-hold-bracket/

Also did enduro engineering rad guards fitment is not so good not happy might do trail tech fan/guard combo.

use ZipTy XF2 or go with the original Evans sport non aqueous coolant no need to add my weight with fans. I am always trying to be minimalistic but bullet proof.

What are you mixing your gas at? Just read in Mxa where they were struggling with their jetting on their 300 until they went with the factory recommended 60:1. Said that cleared up most of their troubles........ 

Paul I'm with 60:1 now and will stay with it, per OEM spec. full synth Maxima K2. This thing barely gets revved high rpm  anyway.

I still think the biggest best carb adjustment I made was lowering the float height, it was way too high out of the box. With a few degrees of side tilt fuel was pouring out of the standpipe overflow. Even with the lower float height I still put a upwards bow into the overflow tube like JD suggested.

I have the JD recommended Altitude 4K warm weather trail ride jet set installed for zero spooge but still safe black sooty exhaust end cap. With pump premium Shell (and yes it does have ethenol.....according to the pump...)

This week I will install the Vforce 4 and my thunder products quad flow torque wing (been using induction wings since 06)

still have my induction side mods as well as my rekluse 3.0 to install.

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

still have my induction side mods as well as my rekluse 3.0 to install.

Should be good build when done

updates. V force 4 installed, JD kit installed, Rekluse Core EXP 3 installed. Bike is really really good. 

Awesome good seeing you yesterday glad bike working out great

49 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

It was hottttt!!

It was hot when we got done with our loop surprised you went back at it

odd with this bike the core exp 3 has not settled in yet. on my 2014 it was plug and play, once installed and adjusted per spec. I never touched the thing again. On the 2017 I have adjusted it for more and less free play gain a bunch of times already , some days it drags (engages) and wants to ride away, other times its not enough. There is one thing in the back of my mind........

3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

odd with this bike the core exp 3 has not settled in yet. on my 2014 it was plug and play, once installed and adjusted per spec. I never touched the thing again. On the 2017 I have adjusted it for more and less free play gain a bunch of times already , some days it drags (engages) and wants to ride away, other times its not enough. There is one thing in the back of my mind........

Weird havent noticed that with my 17 300xc free play has been perfect installed at 3hrs at 30 now still good. do think i need to mess with engagement seems to slip too much off idle, do have the heavy belleville spring in it but maybe need rekluse spring/wedges messed with