I bought a used WR 450 that had a VAPOR installation.  The water temp sensor is a plastic fitting that is spliced into one of the water hoses.  I  noticed a small drip and investigated and found the fitting was broken at both ends such that the hose clamp had nothing to clamp on.  I rEmoved all the bits and pieces and installed new hoses all around.

This is the second failure I have seen in three weeks.  My riding buddy at the Desert Dash had same issue but dumped all the water out on the trail - not good.  Fortunately he has all the parts necessary to by-pass the fitting and we were able to ride back (good reason to carry lots of water).  (His is the most complete tool kit I've seen on the trail)

SO IF YOU HAVE A VAPOR CHECK YOUR WATER TEMP FITTING - YOU NEED TO COMPLETELY REMOVE IT TO BE SURE IT IS OK.  MY BUDDIES' WAS "EATEN" AWAY BELOW THE HOSE CLAMP

Yea - it really needs to be an aluminum part - not plastic

I don't use the VAPOR but was glad to get rid of that fitting

By the way if anyone wants a nice VAPOR with HDB mount I'll put mine in the classifieds

I did contact Trail Tech, I have a friend/racer/rider that works at Trail Tech.

"Rob please let those guys know that the water tee has been aluminum for the last 4 years. We don't make plastic ones any more.

Thanks man."  from K at Trail Tech.

Additional note- I was just informed by Mr. A to let y'all know that if you have the 4 + year and older plastic fittings, Trail Tech will do an update over the counter exchange for the newer model engineered alloy ones. In this case It pays to call and speak with a real human.

Robert - Nice job - good to know Trail Tech cares about their products and customers

If you know the contact info for Trail Tach that might be nice to post for those that don't.