Sign in to follow this  
kato

Sandstone cny abdsp

Took kids on some dez adventures this whole week and came upon a huge boulder half way up sandstone canyon blocking the 4wheel path which, from the holes in it, looks like it was put there intentionally.

Easy pass on moto but it was my first time on 4 wheels there, i dont remenber this block being there before, why did they do that anyone knows? Didnt see any ranger to ask

IMG_20170327_081848.jpg

Cool pic ontop of blowsand 4rummer make it or you hike.

Boulder was there 2 months ago easily passed with moto

Blew HeadGasket on the 4Runner friday.. wanna help? Ah! Rode a friend's Cherokee instead its all good. 

I wonder why the road block for 4wheelers in this beautiful canyon

The "Rockfall" has been in place for about 1 year.  Before the 4" Rain. Yes only the aggressive built up 4 wheelers are going through that area.

Here it is on Jan 17, 2017. This pic is coming out of the canyon so rocks have been stacked to the front right.  The back right was dug out so staying close to the wall, even on a bike, was good. Stuff falls out there. I believe the holes are from those trying to break it down to move or hook into to move. My take, anyway.

DSCN2751

DSCN2752

Ah yea true, its possible the holes are from trying to move it. I was a bit bummed not being able to have my kiddos experience a drive thru this one but hey