Bagstr

Mentoring Breakfast - Borrego North Tuesday

PMB, CID, SpaceCowboy and myself enjoyed a pleasant morning in Borrego Springs. Sun was out, calm wind and good breakfast. SpaceCowboy mentored we " Old Guys " on the current status of life and studies at the University of California Santa Barbara.  As they say, It is a tough job but someone has to do it!  Always good to get an infusion of new blood out on the trail. So,,,we showed the New Guy around the state park north region. In short order after the Inspiration Dunes and Sand Road, we informed SC that he was no longer on probation and that we would no longer " be looking out for him."  As the day went along we resorted to letting air out of his tires and disconnecting his battery to slow him down.   B) 

Somewhat longer loop this trip, Old Borrego Pole Line, Old Kane to Borrego Mountains, Blow Sand Canyon then over to Pumpkin Patch via the Cross Over Trail for a break in the shade and wind. After some idle chatter headed north on Tule and Truckhaven toward Calcite Mine. The excitement continued on the pavement 3 mile shortcut to Ella Wash where the smooth and fast trail resumed. Vista del Malpais, Inspiration Point and Canyon before a final romp through the Inspiration dunes and back to BS. Some say 105 miles. I seem to have gotten just under 40mpg on the loop, 2.5 gal consumed over mucho d sand.

Thanks to CID for waiting in The Line at Keslings.  A shaded table on the patio, a refreshing drink.  What a Life.

The Governor 

Bastards. I on the other hand rode around town. 

jealous. 

"No Pictures?"  Are you saying my words do not frame a picture?     :lol:

Misplaced the camera and GPS in the wee hours.

I'll post a pic or 2 when I get a chance. It was a ride day and not really much of a stop and smell the roses day.

CiD

Braap!  Nice work, gents.  Sorry I missed ya.  Sounds like a great ride.  Last TUES I was shooting my aspen off in the NV dez for a 4 day sniper class.  I'll be back with you soon enough!

20170323_154810.jpg

One day I'm going to put a ride together where we race dirt bikes and shoot guns at pre-designated ranges setup on BLM land way out in BFE.  Sounds like a party waiting to happen.  Maybe I'll call it 'Off Road Ops' or something like that.  

5 hours ago, EddieEarl said:

Braap!  Nice work, gents.  Sorry I missed ya.  Sounds like a great ride.  Last TUES I was shooting my aspen off in the NV dez for a 4 day sniper class.  I'll be back with you soon enough!

20170323_154810.jpg

One day I'm going to put a ride together where we race dirt bikes and shoot guns at pre-designated ranges setup on BLM land way out in BFE.  Sounds like a party waiting to happen.  Maybe I'll call it 'Off Road Ops' or something like that.  

In!