Dan Diego

Motorcyclist killed trying to outrun cops

Trying to outrun cops on a bike is just dumb.  Doing so with a passenger? A really, really bad idea...

Motorcyclist killed trying to outrun cop, passenger injured.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/03/26/high-speed-police-pursuit-ends-in-crash-in-national-city/

NATIONAL CITY, Calif. - A police pursuit involving motorcycle has ended in a fatal crash at East Plaza Boulevard and Euclid Avenue in National City.

“I noticed that there was a motorcycle that flew over the curb and then hit the wall," said Josiah Taylor of National City

The pursuit started at about 9:30 a.m. after the motorcyclist, who had a passenger on board, reportedly ran a stop sign in Serra Mesa then attempted to flee south on Interstate 805. Police said the motorcyclist, a 23-year-old man took the Plaza Boulevard exit and lost control shortly after.

“Ultimately he ran the light at Euclid and East Plaza locked up the vehicle brakes and ultimately collided with a cinder block wall on the opposite side of Firestone," said San Diego Police Lt. Charles Lara.

The rider was reported to have reached speeds exceeding 100 miles per hour while attempting to flee patrol units.

Police said the motorcyclist might have been driving on a suspended license. The driver suffered significant head trauma and died on scene. His 23-year-old passenger broke her wrist, two hands, and possibly her forearm. She also complained of back and neck pain.

“I heard her screaming, I heard her screaming for help," said Taylor.

National City police is investigating.

IMG_2193.JPG

It's that 'passenger injured' thing that really bothers me. 

22 minutes ago, Zubb said:

It's that 'passenger injured' thing that really bothers me. 

No kidding.. Go kill yourself by being an idiot, but hurting other people in the process is fubar.