Wierdrider

Barbecued Boob and off to the moon!

So here's the motley crew TDub put together for her Saturday morning ride ( minus Kimberly ).

I met up with everyone at Tavern, Dehesa, and Japatul Valley rd. where we continued up through Descanso, Into Pive Valley for breakfast at Majors. 

We all told stories of bikes and work, and Barbequed Boobs, good times.IMG_0261.JPGWe rode into Campo for gas, then continued East to make

A short and "sweet" stop.IMG_0266.JPGWhile we were there a B&W rolled up to check in us out, guess we passed the inspection. 

Then off to Jay's maybe an hour after breakfast. I guess you can call us foodies!

I don't think Miriam spoke a word while she scarfed her sandwich down!IMG_0270.JPGI got ready to dig into my barbecued boob while Bob was day dreaming of more ribs. IMG_0272.JPG

I like Jay, he laughed at my jokes, plus the food was awesome. They accidentally made an extra pulled pork sandwich that they gave us, it was excellent also.IMG_0274.JPGAfter lunch the same B&W rolled up on us again where Miriam asked the cop if he was stocking us. 

Everyone got geared up and headed West except me. I said my goodbyes and went East.

I have wanted to see the Valley of the Moon for a long time, so that's where I headed.

IMG_0277.JPGIMG_0278.JPGIMG_0283.JPGIMG_0286.JPGIMG_0291.JPGIMG_0292.JPGIMG_0295.JPGIMG_0296.JPGIMG_0297.JPGIMG_0303.JPGBoy, am I glad I did, that was a lot of fun. I spent a couple of  hours exploring the trails.

Then I headed West on dirt, crossed the old Hwy for more dirt. Then I came across a dirt road that went North and kept telling myself " ok, I'll just go to that next hill".

At this intersection I made a hard right and followed it to the end of where motorized driving was ok.

IMG_0308.JPGIMG_0313.JPGIMG_0314.JPGIMG_0315.JPGI rode dirt back to Jacumba where I found Norman sitting by the side of the road, decided to stop and talk. I'm glad I did, another reason for riding. Meeting people!

I sat and let him talk for a while, he was local and told me all about the old Vaughn hotel and then some. He started to recite what I thought was psalms, he said it was a poem that he wrote. I videoed him reciting it. I will try and post it if I can. IMG_0318.JPGThen, while I was getting ready to leave, Norman tells me" here comes Christmas", I turned around to see the same B&W rolling up with lights flashing. 

Cop says he lights Norman up everyday. Awesome!

I finally got back on the road and took Cameron tt to Buckmansprings and ended up back at PV. I started talking to a couple of guys who had been riding, one on a brand new 690, and the other on a Husky 310. They were originally from Italy. I told them about our bitchen club, and Christian said he had been a part of it previously, and as a matter of fact, he bought his bike from Robert Nantista!

Never heard of him, anybody?IMG_0327.JPGThanks for posting up TDub lady, good seeing Trophy Hunter, Thumper Bob, and meeting the other guys. 

Ride on!

Was a great day indeed! I owe carguy a major thank you for getting me going!! I almost missed the whole thing. 

It was great to be out riding and feeling healthy again. I was pleasantly surprised that SDAR members made the majority of our group!! 

Robert Nantista!

Never heard of him, anybody?

yes, robertaccio

2 hours ago, TdubLady said:

I owe carguy a major thank you for getting me going!! I almost missed the whole thing. 

Always welcome, sorry to bail early.

Like. Love riding the InCo Pah zone. 

About time for another trip down Boulder Creek. In Co Pah to the desert the hard way. 

Had to help my buddy move and then write a few papers for my homework, damn responsibilities getting in the way of  riding!  Looks like a good turnout and a great ride.  Keep putting these together, maybe I can make it if I quit procrastinating on my homework.

Hmmm.  I KNEW I should have gone on that ride!  Drat!  Oh well, at least I got my reluctant car to run again.

Nice pics and ride report wrider...:thumbsup_anim:

It does pretty good, 50mph seems just fine but can handle 60ish ok. Could change sprockets to help, I think I'm at 14/50?

If you wanna try it sometime let me know 

On 4/30/2017 at 2:09 PM, Wierdrider said:

It does pretty good, 50mph seems just fine but can handle 60ish ok. Could change sprockets to help, I think I'm at 14/50?

If you wanna try it sometime let me know 

It is the correct color.  Kind of like the DRZ250 in that they are not popular in the US but in England/Australia.

6sp air cooled e-start.  Probably can run forever