It is that time of year again. World SuperBike will be at Laguna Seca on July 7-9th.  We have not figured out if we are riding or flying up yet due to time limitations and Highway 1 road closures. There is no reason to ride up if Highway 1 is closed.  If you go, the GF and I will be up on the hill at the Corkscrew.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/event/USA/2017

That would be cool....then off to UTBDR, boy!

Plenty of good reason to ride up!

i5 (yuk) to Frazier Park to Cerro Nororeste, then the 166 to the 101 to San Miguel to pick up Indian Valley Road to Peach Tree road then the 189 back to the 101 and up into Monterey.

Frazier Park, Cerro Noroeste, Indian Valley and Peach Tree are the FINEST motorcycle roads like, totally evar. I'd ride up there just to do that route repeatedly. SO MUCH better that the troll up the 1. For me, the 1 doesn't get fun nor interesting until it's above Santa Cruz- even better above SF. 

Bonus rounds? Take 15 to Angeles Crest Hwy, then do Upper Big Tujunga to the N3 (Angeles Forest Hwy) on the way up. THEN up to Frazier Park Road. Some interesting ways to do THAT, too.

I've never been much into watching others ride motorcycles (or anything else- spectator? No thanks) so I'd just go ride.

C'mon LB, throw the wifey on the back of the 990 and ride up the Central Valley in July. She'll love it.

It's probably been 15 years or more since I went to watch the races at LS.  I'm not a big spectator either, but it's quite an event.

Pretty epic place to race...especially if you got to see these two guys going at it.  Ragged edge racing in this vid.

39 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Amazing ??

x100

After my last experience on CA 1 between SLO and Monterey, I swore I would never do it again.  On a mc, you just spend most of your time in line behind a line of cars behind a motorhome towing a trailer, beserking your way over the double yellow whenever there is the smallest window, and you maybe get 10 minutes the entire way of the riding you would like to be doing, and there is a serious enforcement presence.  This kind of thing really wasn't that much fun when I was a kid, and certainly isn't now.  Considering the alternative routes that are both awesome and empty, only insane people go CA 1.

I can provide a street only route that has minimal freeways, 2 days up, 2 days back, that is good.

I am planning on doing a 4 day up, 4 day back dual sport ride that is 'big bike friendly', since that is what I will be on.  50% dirt, almost no freeway.  I am gradually learning what goes through and what doesn't.