flyintiger

Hello SDAR Members!

Morning Everyone,

My name is Jordan, I'm 31 years old and I just purchased an '04 KLR 650. I am native to San Diego, located in Normal Heights and been riding on the street for about 10 years. This is my first dual sport bike and I have zero dirt riding experience. Looking for advice on riding techniques and nearby locations to get started, figured this forum would be a good place to start!

IMG_20170310_165550_(1).jpg

Get good tires, start out easy, ride your own ride (no need to keep up), Wear Gear!

Welcome!

Cool old Dodge ,Yours?

Yes. This is the same condition in which i joined this club except my bike was the piggy crf250l. My first ride was pine valley cul de sac with many of the sickos on this site. Life changing. Good stuff. If you just say you are going there at such and such time, they'll show up. I think its a great place for first ride. Others may disagree. 

I got a new orange dual sport which is still too pretty for the dirt. But by April she'll be ready. brap. 

Welcome Jordan. That looks like a good bike to start into DS.  You won't be sorry you went off road.  

Welcome aboard! Love seeing new KLR riders.  

And you can't go wrong with this great group of people. 

Welcome to the asylum Jordan, I always refer new to dirt up Otay mountain. Just gotta watch out for oncoming traffic from Yahoos and Border control. 

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

20 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

Get good tires, start out easy, ride your own ride (no need to keep up), Wear Gear!

Welcome!

Cool old Dodge ,Yours?

That Dodge is next on the project list! '67 A100 van, slant six with 3spd. My wife and I picked it up to turn into a bike hauler & camper. 

Found the original For Sale posting for this bike on this forum! Used to be owned by RobATK94.

I figured that was his, you got a good bike there.